TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best in car/ portable vacuum?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by MikeR55, Jan 16, 2020.

1. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Tired of taking out my home vac to clean up leaves, etc on the floor of the car. (Have a giant tree in my yard)

What is a good portable vac with lots of suction I can leave in the car that actually works well? Can be a plug in to 12v or charged one.

2. joebruin77

joebruin77 Member

• Helpful x 1
  3. mdelvin

mdelvin Member

If budget is not a problem, the Dyson cordless is a good choice.

• Like x 1
  4. tttt

tttt Member

+1 for Dyson.
    Their V7 cordless model is typically on sale for $249 and you can use your 20% coupon at Bed Bath.
    You kill two birds with one stone. You'll have an excellent in-home vacuum that can be easily reconfigured as a portable car cleaner.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Anker/Eufy just came out with a new one.
    Has battery
    Charges over USB

6. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

If you have any Ryobi ONE+ tools and batteries, they make a 3 gal wet/dry portable cordless vacuum. Right now at Home Depot they have the vac, charger and 4.0 Ah battery for $99. I was considering this, but our Dyson V6 Absolute carpet powerhead died, so now it's the cordless vacuum for the garage...

• Like x 1
  7. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

The Eufy Homevac is available on Amazon. It can stored in the car, I believe under the seat. Got my wife one for Christmas, but it may be better suited for the car. Being cordless and charging in the car is a huge plus. You can easily clean the mats while waiting on someone.

8. Need

Need Active Member

I have the V7 and it's a game changer especially if you have hardwood floor at home. And if you have a kid, you just make him vacuum the floor and the car... better than Roomba! :D

9. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

love the dyson but the battery in it still kinda sucks

10. Need

Need Active Member

The V7 is listed at 30 min but I never got 30 min... more like 20 min on normal and 10 min on max. Normal is plenty enough suction for everything though. Very rarely I ran out of power on normal. I thought about upgrading to the newest V11 but there is really no need as more power and more run time is not going to help me much. I rather have it lighter. The V7 is much lighter than the new bigger battery models.

11. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

yeah, i'm about the same. I always go max and just get more efficient at my vacuuming.

12. captain_sahaj

captain_sahaj Member

The Shark Apex Uplight is the best!, it is light on the arm, gets in small corners, is a sealed system, and can be stored easily

13. Need

Need Active Member

You know my kid did "max" NOT for efficiency. He did it so it will run out of battery faster so he doesn't have to vacuum as long....

14. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

smart kid :)

15. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

The Dyson V6 and V7 is definitely better for vacuuming the car than the V10. I got the V10 since the carpet power head to my V6 absolute died. The V10 is definitely heavier and bulkier, but I have gotten used to it. I actually can vacuum the whole house now on one charge.

I replaced the battery on the V6 with an Amazon generic and the run time has increased. Works great for vacuuming the car...

16. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

No kid but I do love my robo-vacum in the house.

17. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

#17 Watts_Up, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    I have been using for a while a Black & Decker Cordless Vac which is quite powerful.

However I have been looking to a powefull portable vacuum cleaner with a stretchable hose allowing accessing difficult locations.

After doing numerous researches including Dyson and so on, I am considering getting for the Moosoo K17 which costs $145 (with $15 coupon)

Here are of the specs to compare with other models:

Power 200 W
    Battery 22.2V/2200mAh
    Vacuum 17Kpa
    Airflow 10dm3/s
    High-density HEPA 4-Stage Filtration System​

[​IMG]

• Helpful x 1
  18. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Thanks! I'll check this out. I just need for the car not the home- but guess I can shove the big part on the garage in case I ever do want it.

19. jvmoore1

jvmoore1 Member

this looks awesome! may be taking a trip to Home Depot

20. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

So I'm confused - you buy the vac for $99 and then a separate battery?