Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best in car/ portable vacuum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think this is as powerful easy to use as Dyson? So weird it's just a square box

I never bought it, so I don't know. It is a wet/dry cordless vac where the Dyson is not and batteries can be easily changed if you have other Ryobi ONE+ batteries. I have a lot of Ryobi ONE+ batteries, so I may still get it. I don't have the Dyson V7, but I have both the V6 and the Dyson Car+Boat cordless vac (which looks exactly like a V6, V7) and the run times on high are less than 10 minutes before I have to recharge....

I have a Dyson v8 that is very limited in its ability to vacuum the car interior. I need some car cleaning attachments, esp a stretchable hose. Anyone buy any aftermarket attachments?

I bought our Dyson V6 and Dyson Car+Boat at Costco and both came with the flexible hose attachment. The attachment works well and is made a lot better than some flexible hoses of the smaller shop vacs. The goofy thing is, even though the vacuums look a like, none of the attachments work with the other vacuum. V6 attachments only work with the V6 and the Car+Boat attachments only works with the Car+Boat - they were not interchangeable....

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I bought our Dyson V6 and Dyson Car+Boat at Costco and both came with the flexible hose attachment. The attachment works well and is made a lot better than some flexible hoses of the smaller shop vacs. The goofy thing is, even though the vacuums look a like, none of the attachments work with the other vacuum. V6 attachments only work with the V6 and the Car+Boat attachments only works with the Car+Boat - they were not interchangeable....

I still have an old DC56 which doesn't have any accessories or hoses... was thinking about picking a hose up on Amazon, but now you have me concerned a bit; if the Car+Boat accessories were so specific, I wonder how I can verify something would fit my old handheld?

Just put a new Amazon battery on it a month ago, and it's like new again. Really great little device, to be frank.

I still have an old DC56 which doesn't have any accessories or hoses... was thinking about picking a hose up on Amazon, but now you have me concerned a bit; if the Car+Boat accessories were so specific, I wonder how I can verify something would fit my old handheld?

What's interesting is, at a quick glance, the attachments look the same. I spoke to Dyson about it and they said they do sell adaptors which allow the older attachments to fit on the newer vacuums. I did notice on Amazon, the attachment kits they sell don't mention the Car+Boat cordless vac (which looks just like our V6), so maybe it's just particular to that model.....

Reactions: dmurphy
Just purchased one of the cleanjett small vacuums. Didn’t clean up sand hair or lint. Rated number one but nowhere could I find a place to post a review. Contacted customer service gave me choice of returning product at my own expense or taking a 75% refund. So it is not a 100% refund like they are claiming. Heads up people. Do I am still looking for a vacuum for my model S. Live in Florida so lots of sand. Thanks for your help

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Dyson Humdinger

547-HH-Gallery-Car.jpg

i live in LA and am at beaches all the time. the battery is rated up to 20 minutes, but the longest ive used it has been about 10 minutes ish. if you have a super dirty car maybe 20 minutes is not good for you. i even keep it in the car and charge it in the car (ive got a power bank with ac outlet).

Dyson Humdinger

547-HH-Gallery-Car.jpg

i live in LA and am at beaches all the time. the battery is rated up to 20 minutes, but the longest ive used it has been about 10 minutes ish. if you have a super dirty car maybe 20 minutes is not good for you. i even keep it in the car and charge it in the car (ive got a power bank with ac outlet).
Can you tell me about this power bank / AC outlet setup?
It seems that most vacs (particularly the best ones) require AC charging or outlet. I'd prefer 12v, but if I can add an AC outlet to my M3, even better.