Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Insurance Rates for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just switched to CAA. $166 per month with actual full coverage. That includes all the accident benefits and income replacement Ontario took away a couple years ago that no one buys back.
I assume when people say they have full coverage they simply mean $2 million liability and $500 deductibles with depreciation waiver for a few years. Full coverage is far more than that.

Use an insurance broker that represents many different companies, always the best route to go in my experience.I was with an insurer who was offering me a discount as part of my alumni, Queens University, until I switched to a much cheaper rate with a broker.If you ensure your house or cottage with the same firm you will get a further discount.

Use an insurance broker that represents many different companies, always the best route to go in my experience.I was with an insurer who was offering me a discount as part of my alumni, Queens University, until I switched to a much cheaper rate with a broker.If you ensure your house or cottage with the same firm you will get a further discount.

Also use a broker - they have generally found me decent rates. Paying $151/month for an SR+ 2 mil liability $500 deductible. I have also insured my property with the same company which got me a better rate as mentioned.

You guys know that in Ontario, unless you buy back coverages and you’re injured in a crash you have little coverage right? Standard policies have income replacement of $400 max per week. Rehab benefits are peanuts. FSCO allowed insurers to strip away accident benefits a few years ago and insurers are supposed to make you aware of the changes and your ability to buy back what was taken away. My policy is circa 2010 while most others is circa 2020 which doesn’t cover much.
No one buys ‘extra’ insurance and they know that. It’s why they did it. Just an FYI.

I'm in Ontario and went with Aviva for the model y. With full coverage I'm paying just over 1300 a year. That was $300 cheaper than my broker that has my other cars and cottage. I will look to consolidate them next year and hope to find further savings.

Liability and collision is what I mean. But there are also other things I got such as accident forgiveness, car rental, loss of wages compensation, and something about depreciation. To be honest all those things sounded like BS but it was only a few bucks on the year so I agreed.

I live in Toronto and I just received my auto insurance renewal documents from Desjardins for my Model 3 LR and my rate has gone up 27% to $2,140. I got an online quote from Aviva and it was quite similar, while TD was quite a bit higher. Any other insurance company I should check?

Got it, from what I have read and understood the Model 3 doesn't actually need any modifications. The S and the X do (for things like not having the red belt buckle button) . It seems like Tesla built the 3 (and likely the Y) to just be standardized for both countries.
I'm hoping that's the case.
Hi Sorry, its a few years later but I was wondering if you were able to import your M3 to Canada, as I am looking to do the same. There doesn't seem to be much information on this.