Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanford Credit Union is 1.49% with qualifiers. 1.99% - 2.49% without qualifiers I believe.

Qualifiers for us were $500 monthly direct deposit to SFCU and 25% down payment which we went ahead and did.

That's great to know. Did you have to speak with someone to get this 25% down payment qualifier?

On the website, it seems like you can only get that 1.49 rate if you became an Ambassador-level member, which requires direct deposit, vehicle loan and a third product (such as a credit card). While it's not a problem to open up a credit card, I was planning on putting 25% down anyway, so this makes it more enticing.

Also, how long does it take to open an account and be approved for a loan? Thinking about moving forward with a new car in March or April, but want to make sure I have enough time to get my ducks in a row.

Thank you!

That's great to know. Did you have to speak with someone to get this 25% down payment qualifier?

On the website, it seems like you can only get that 1.49 rate if you became an Ambassador-level member, which requires direct deposit, vehicle loan and a third product (such as a credit card). While it's not a problem to open up a credit card, I was planning on putting 25% down anyway, so this makes it more enticing.

Also, how long does it take to open an account and be approved for a loan? Thinking about moving forward with a new car in March or April, but want to make sure I have enough time to get my ducks in a row.

Thank you!

My wife was already a member so it made that part easy, but I would assume it it would not take long to get an account set up.

As for the 25% down payment being a qualifier, it was part of the loan approval email after we applied for the car loan. The email/letter outlined what was needed to reach the lower APR tier.

Worst case, you can always email the lending agent as well or you can contact ours. She's very familiar on how to deal with Tesla's financing and lending department. She made the entire process really smooth for us.

Her name: Delia Vargas
email is: [email protected]

Tell her Dany K. (loan# 117854) referred you if you do look into SFCU.

Thank you!

Also, let me know if you do move forward and I'll give you my Tesla referral code

My wife was already a member so it made that part easy, but I would assume it it would not take long to get an account set up.

As for the 25% down payment being a qualifier, it was part of the loan approval email after we applied for the car loan. The email/letter outlined what was needed to reach the lower APR tier.

Worst case, you can always email the lending agent as well or you can contact ours. She's very familiar on how to deal with Tesla's financing and lending department. She made the entire process really smooth for us.

Her name: Delia Vargas
email is: [email protected]

Tell her Dany K. (loan# 117854) referred you if you do look into SFCU.

Thank you for the information! Super helpful!

Reactions: elementsdk1
Status
Not open for further replies.