Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After you got the DCU loan with the 1.24% rate (that you obviously didn't docusign it), did you have your SA switch your payment option back to Tesla Financing and then fill out the application on the website? Then once you were approved, did you then send the email & copy of the DCU loan to ratematch@tesla asking them to match the rate?

This is what I was planning on doing, but just wanted to make sure that it goes seamless.

BTW, to the other person asking about how long it takes to setup your DCU account and loan, if you have extra time (like I do now), setup the free checking account now and sign up for the Schools membership program for $10 now, as that all may take a couple of days to finalize. Within a week, you'll have a new debit card and PIN from DCU in the mail, and you will be able to log into your account online as soon as your checking account has been verified and setup (usually the next day after you open it up).

This way when you go to apply for an auto loan through your account, most of your info is already there and pre-filled out and it'll save you time when applying and waiting on the approval since you will already be a member.
This is what I did after I ordered in April. And then applied for loan after VIN in June. And then rate matched with Tesla. If you have the patience and do the rights steps then the low rate is possible for anyone with good credit.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy
I checked and if you do a post delivery rate match where they send you a check for the difference in payments, you can refinance at any time and get both the rebate check and the low loan rate from another lender.
Makes sense then to get the highest rate you can from Tesla Financing, rate match, then refinance.

They'd be paying you to take the car.

I'm sticking with 1.24% rate match to DCU. Seems like too much trouble to do the above.

Reactions: sgalla04
Makes sense then to get the highest rate you can from Tesla Financing, rate match, then refinance.

They'd be paying you to take the car.

I'm sticking with 1.24% rate match to DCU. Seems like too much trouble to do the above.
It was a pain doing the refinance since I had to call US Bank for the loan info. I only reached out to see if I could refinance and keep the rebate because I wanted gap insurance, which Tesla financing and Geico don't offer. The lower interest is a bonus though.

Are lightstreams not terrible. It says 4.44 at 72 months while Tesla does 2.49
Yes, their rates aren’t good. But back then they did rate match just like Tesla. It’s also an unsecured loan. So let’s say, if they rate matched DCU’s 1.49% or whatever, you can take that loan amount and find an interest accruing account, money market, cd’s, etc and make the effective loan rate even lower.

Yes, their rates aren’t good. But back then they did rate match just like Tesla. It’s also an unsecured loan. So let’s say, if they rate matched DCU’s 1.49% or whatever, you can take that loan amount and find an interest accruing account, money market, cd’s, etc and make the effective loan rate even lower.
From the terms, it seems they will only match other unsecured loans only.

The Rate Beat Program excludes secured or collateralized loan offers from any lender and the competitive offer must be generally available to any customer with a similar credit profile. Terms are subject to change at any time.

Got 2.49% for 72 mos from Tesla yesterday. Are there any easy options for a match? I don't want to fedex, join any CUs, or change my pmt method with Tesla to get paperwork. I just want to apply online and get a lower rate to screenshot and send to Tesla rate match.

Got 2.49% for 72 mos from Tesla yesterday. Are there any easy options for a match? I don't want to fedex, join any CUs, or change my pmt method with Tesla to get paperwork. I just want to apply online and get a lower rate to screenshot and send to Tesla rate match.
Doubtful you will find less than 2.49% anywhere else that is not a credit union. One easy option is to email [email protected] and simply ask Tesla if any of the other banks that Tesla uses can offer a lower rate.

Some people have been successful in getting 0.25-0.50% reductions by simply asking.

Reactions: Noflash
Doubtful you will find less than 2.49% anywhere else that is not a credit union. One easy option is to email [email protected] and simply ask Tesla if any of the other banks that Tesla uses can offer a lower rate.

Some people have been successful in getting 0.25-0.50% reductions by simply asking.
Well that was quick! 😄

Autofinance reply:
The offer in the account is the lowest we will be able to obtain on the application as all of our other lenders have a floor rate of 2.49%.
Sincerely,
Timothy

The first week in May. My SA told me 2.49% was the best through Tesla. However, I got the 1.94% through the Tesla website, it was just with Chase.
Does “SA” stand for “silence advocate”? “Selective amnesia”? Mine won’t communicate by email or text.

I was told 2.49% is the current floor when I emailed [email protected]. It seems this is a recent phenomenon.

Does “SA” stand for “silence advocate”? “Selective amnesia”? Mine won’t communicate by email or text.

I was told 2.49% is the current floor when I emailed [email protected]. It seems this is a recent phenomenon.
2.49% could very well be the floor with "Tesla" themself. But when I completed the paperwork on the Tesla website after I ordered my car, I got an email within 15 minutes that said I had been approved with 1.94% through Chase.

So, I got my vin last weekend, had my wife finalize the loan through DCU but forgot to remind her to ask about direct deposit discount, so they didn't add it. Got the DocuSign at 10:30am PST showing only 1.74%. spent the next 2 hours on hold to get them to change it. They were able to send me the fixed one about 30min after that.

I forwarded the PDF to Tesla ratematch, and an hour later I was approved for 1.24% for 72mo through Wells Fargo.

Once again feel bad for sort of using them, but my monthly payment is significantly lower, and the difference between 65mo and 72mo interest is like $220, which their savings account interest will cover the difference in the 6 years time assuming it stays about 6%

Status
Not open for further replies.