Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who got approved before SIP and factory closure. Wha happen to your order and Finance options? I was approved before closure. Still currently showing 2.2% APR, not sure if I will need to start a new application. I was originally told quote was good for 30 days. Well, it's more like 60 days now, but website still shows same info. Anybody in the same situation? And what was your outcome?

-ThinkMac-
Got this response from Tesla Credit team today:
"We normally advise for customers to wait until their VIN is assigned before reapplying/refreshing their application. We can certainly go back to Chase and have them re-run your application, but please note that approvals are valid for 60 days online.

If your delivery team has indicated that your scheduled pickup should be within 60 days, feel free to let us know that you’d like your application refreshed and we’ll work with the bank for you."

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-

Got this response from Tesla Credit team today:
"We normally advise for customers to wait until their VIN is assigned before reapplying/refreshing their application. We can certainly go back to Chase and have them re-run your application, but please note that approvals are valid for 60 days online.

If your delivery team has indicated that your scheduled pickup should be within 60 days, feel free to let us know that you’d like your application refreshed and we’ll work with the bank for you."

So, I had originally applied and had the immediate canned 2.99%. After reading this thread, I emailed and simply asked if there was a better rate as I had seen better advertised rates from local banks. 6 minutes later had an email back with 2.3% from Chase, updated on my profile. Couldn't have been easier, didn't even have to apply to other banks and have any offers to show them as proof.

Reactions: Croathlete
given the rates, is anyone else here debating financing the vehicle instead of just paying it cash? curious to hear some thoughts from people who are also considering this
I am. With rates so low and so much uncertainty with the economy I do not mind paying an extra $2-$3k to maintain a nest egg just in case... Had they delivered my MY before all this craziness, I would have paid cash. Now not sure that is the best idea, I'd rather keep that cash handy just in case things go south, so I would not have to dip into my retirement fund.

Reactions: preilly44
So been sitting on a 2.59% interest rate from Tesla since mid-march before shutdown. Now that I have a delivery date, looks like they are redoing the financing (guessing the previous once expired) as I just received an alert of a credit check from the JPMCB like original. Interested to see what the change will be, if any.

Got the text that they expect a mid-to-late June delivery. My APR was 3.25% with Wells Fargo. I emailed them last night and by this morning they re-ran my application through Chase, got 2.34% locked in and reflected in my account now. Not too shabby, impressed with the response time of their financing department.

Got the text that they expect a mid-to-late June delivery. My APR was 3.25% with Wells Fargo. I emailed them last night and by this morning they re-ran my application through Chase, got 2.34% locked in and reflected in my account now. Not too shabby, impressed with the response time of their financing department.

May I ask if that was with any money down, or are you financing the full amount? I didn't have a good exchange via email with Tesla to move my current 2.64% with Chase down to the 2.34% that everyone else seems to be getting. My credit is over 800, and I have a delivery date of 6/1.

May I ask if that was with any money down, or are you financing the full amount? I didn't have a good exchange via email with Tesla to move my current 2.64% with Chase down to the 2.34% that everyone else seems to be getting. My credit is over 800, and I have a delivery date of 6/1.

I'm financing pretty much the full amount. I originally had 5k down on my initial application (with the 3.25% APR) but when Tesla Finance updated the APR and terms, they automatically took the full amount to be financed. I left it like that, will pocket the down payment and with the lower APR my monthly payments didn't go up a crazy amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.