Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Placed my order yesterday got approved for 2.49% 72mos. with Wells Fargo. Will be emailing tesla to see if they have better rates.

Also found a local CU doing 2.60% for 84 months... Might go with that.

Anyone tried asking tesla if they offer 84mos instead of 72?

Last edited:
I put 47% down on my LR I picked up a week ago - Tesla finance got me 2.44/72 months with JPMorgan Chase - Chase just sent me a letter today saying they dropped my rate to 2.34% so that was ok! They must be feeling like redeeming their image lol

I’m sure glad I found this community. I was going to try to find a credit union and go that direction, but applied with Tesla, approved for 2.49%, emailed about chase and they came back with 2.04% for 72 months. Happy with that.

Who did you email? Your sales associate? We rejected our first Y and were waiting for 2021 but that interest rate is tempting.

Who did you email? Your sales associate? We rejected our first Y and were waiting for 2021 but that interest rate is tempting.

I don't have a sales associate (that I know of). Placed the order online and emailed the general auto finance email box asking them to check with chase, since I'm a long time customer (not sure if that really matters). [email protected]

Reactions: imola.zhp
I’m sure glad I found this community. I was going to try to find a credit union and go that direction, but applied with Tesla, approved for 2.49%, emailed about chase and they came back with 2.04% for 72 months. Happy with that.

Just so I understand, were these what you did to get lower interest:

1). You applied through Tesla
2). Tesla partnered with Chase and gave you 2.49%
3). You applied separately with Chase - 2 credit hard pull
4). Chase gave you 2.04%
5). You notified Tesla of the 2nd separate approval from Chase
6). Tesla matched the 2.04%

I am a long time customer of Chase and from their website (I didn't apply), their published auto loan is 2.99% (higher than Tesla's 2.49%)

Just so I understand, were these what you did to get lower interest:

1). You applied through Tesla
2). Tesla partnered with Chase and gave you 2.49%
3). You applied separately with Chase - 2 credit hard pull
4). Chase gave you 2.04%
5). You notified Tesla of the 2nd separate approval from Chase
6). Tesla matched the 2.04%

I am a long time customer of Chase and from their website (I didn't apply), their published auto loan is 2.99% (higher than Tesla's 2.49%)

Not ChuckieCheese, but the process is usually Step 1 & 2. Step 2 offer could be with any bank (ours was US Bank). Step 3 is your Step 5 - email Tesla financing saying you appreciate the offer but believe you might qualify for a better rate and they should review offers from other banks including Chase. Then Tesla responds with Step 6, their best rate with Chase.

You don't apply separately with Chase. Hope that makes sense

Reactions: imola.zhp
Status
Not open for further replies.