Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.5 hours later--no 1.94% via Chase. Sent email to [email protected] as noted above in this thread. Noted I wanted a rate match and was aware of the Chase improved rate. All set now. Hope this works for/helps others.
Important typo I just noticed (sorry)---"now" 1.94%. Geo is interesting, and likely plays into it--clearly insurance and general cost of living costs are much lower here in the midwest.

Important typo I just noticed (sorry)---"now" 1.94%. Geo is interesting, and likely plays into it--clearly insurance and general cost of living costs are much lower here in the midwest.
Socal/LA is the uninsured driver capital of the world. Seeing as how the bank's funds are secured by the vehicle, and insurance companies have designated LA a high risk geo, it makes sense that they'd price that in. My buddy with a clean driving record and tier 1 credit pays about as much for insurance for his lone Audi A4 as I did with my R8, Model 3, and Mini Cooper.

Just joined this forum and loving it! I have a MYLR on order and will take delivery when the lease on my Range Rover is up in May. I make great $$ (200k+) and have leased the RR (lease payment $750) and before that Jaguar F-Pace (lease payment $859), own a home etc. My credit score is low because of utilization (680) which I am paying down and curious if there is anyone on this forum with similar circumstances that is leasing through Tesla partners AND what are interest rates for someone like me. Realize everything factors into everything for credit approval, but curious what folks have gotten. Thanks in advance.

I have to say, I’m pretty happy with DCU. I think I’ll keep a savings account with them. I was able to setup some of my paycheck direct deposit to them, and the rest to my current bank. They off 6%(!) on the first $1000 in your savings account, and 1.74% for 65 months at 99.5% financed on the Tesla. Lots to like about this setup.

Just joined this forum and loving it! I have a MYLR on order and will take delivery when the lease on my Range Rover is up in May. I make great $$ (200k+) and have leased the RR (lease payment $750) and before that Jaguar F-Pace (lease payment $859), own a home etc. My credit score is low because of utilization (680) which I am paying down and curious if there is anyone on this forum with similar circumstances that is leasing through Tesla partners AND what are interest rates for someone like me. Realize everything factors into everything for credit approval, but curious what folks have gotten. Thanks in advance.
If I am understanding your question (looking for interest rate applicable to leases) they are very high (relatively speaking). I considered leasing and talked to my local sales rep--his quoted money factor imputed to an interest rate of well over 4%. He readily noted that their money factors aren't great--it reflects uncertainty with the true residual value of these cars at lease-end. They haven't been around long enough (ie no track record) so banks aren't willing to finance leases at low rates consistent with what are being seen on purchase side. The other issue with the lease is there is no purchase option at the end---if these things really hold their value well you could be handing back a car with a massive amount of equity and getting $0 for it. To me, it just wasn't worth that risk + the higher effective interest rate. I went with a purchase (and I'm not one of those guys that says you should never lease--I've done so several times when the deal was right). Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.