Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get more information on this? Did you buy down the rate at all? Did you use Tesla to get Bank of America financing, or go to them directly? Did you go into a bank or just use the Bank of America website? 1.6% is pretty unprecedented. Do you mind sharing your credit score and/or income?
I think it depends on where you live. Here in the Bay Area, you can find even lower rate for 48 month term loan. Usually local federal credit unions have the best rates.

Just got our loan terms for 72mo, got a 2.49% through Wells Fargo and a required downpayment of 15k (loan max of 40k). Credit scores for both are 770+. Why would they get back to us with such a low max? Would be annoyed to put that down considering how low the APR is - would rather keep it invested.

Can you get more information on this? Did you buy down the rate at all? Did you use Tesla to get Bank of America financing, or go to them directly? Did you go into a bank or just use the Bank of America website? 1.6% is pretty unprecedented. Do you mind sharing your credit score and/or income?
Just applied directly with B of A. I didn’t pay any point to buy down. I actually don’t really need the loan but the rate is low so decided to take it.

Joint income of 180k and 4k in a student loan, so maybe since we're both young (<25)? Super weird - asked them to run it through Chase, now my credit monitoring is showing pulls from Chase, TD, BMO, and US Bank, and they're saying the credit application was denied. Will have to reach out to my tesla advisor, I guess.
Yeah not sure. Maybe it’s just rates in general? Timing may matter here. Our income is 2x and we have no debt besides a mortgage. I think ours was like 3k down with a 46k loan at 2.04%, 72 mo via chase.

Applied directly with Bank of America, got 72 months at 2.24% with APR. So in actuality closer to 2% rate for my MY. I've asked my SA if the quote I received from Tesla (thru Wells Fargo) for 2.49% APR at 72 months can match what Bank of America has offered or beat it, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.