Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sure here you go
I used it and opened/funded a savings account (donated $10 and deposited $5). Thank you. I am waiting to initiate the auto loan application closer to delivery. If Tesla will not match, then I will use DCU since it doesn't seem like there are better rates out there. Not including limited access credit unions.

An FYI for those interested in DCU. You must be a PLUS or Relationship Member to get the rate discounts (0.50% + 0.25%). I talked to a DCU representative and you have 90 days to open and initiate direct deposit into a new checking account upon completion of an auto loan application to keep the discounted rate as a PLUS Member. If after 90 days the direct deposit is not completed, then the loan will revert to the non-discounted rate. A Relationship Member in addition to direct deposit must also have 5 monthly transactions.

With a great credit score, I anticipate being able to obtain the current 1.99% rate plus the additional 0.25 discount for an energy efficient vehicle = 1.74%. I will go with 65 months if I use DCU and with Tesla if they match at 60 or 72.

I used it and opened/funded a savings account (donated $10 and deposited $5). Thank you. I am waiting to initiate the auto loan application closer to delivery. If Tesla will not match, then I will use DCU since it doesn't seem like there are better rates out there. Not including limited access credit unions.

An FYI for those interested in DCU. You must be a PLUS or Relationship Member to get the rate discounts (0.50% + 0.25%). I talked to a DCU representative and you have 90 days to open and initiate direct deposit into a new checking account upon completion of an auto loan application to keep the discounted rate as a PLUS Member. If after 90 days the direct deposit is not completed, then the loan will revert to the non-discounted rate. A Relationship Member in addition to direct deposit must also have 5 monthly transactions.

With a great credit score, I anticipate being able to obtain the current 1.99% rate plus the additional 0.25 discount for an energy efficient vehicle = 1.74%. I will go with 65 months if I use DCU and with Tesla if they match at 60 or 72.
What was the initial rate you received from DCU (before the discounts)?

What was the initial rate you received from DCU (before the discounts)?
I have not applied yet since the credit check will only be good for 30 days and I am more than 30 days away from delivery. I am just getting setup so I am not rushing around come delivery. Also the savings account gets 6.17% APY on the first $1,000. Therefore, I'm going to park a grand in there just in case I end up using them. I'll sign up for the free checking soon and then direct deposit like $20 a paycheck to activate the promo (I'll get $10 which covers the $10 donation I made) and if I end up going with Tesla financing anyway, then at worst I made 6% on the money I held in the savings account. I may just keep it open anyway since I can't find any high yield savings accounts any higher than 1-2%.

I'll report back once I apply.

DCU is doing 1.49% starting today for 65 months.
Wow, that's 1.24% with the 0.25% Energy Efficient vehicle reduction! I doubt this will hold for a couple more months when I take delivery, but at least it's going down and not up currently.

1619611544047.png

It’s probably not worth it for me 2.29 vs 2.49

decisions... decisions
If you just applied, having them run it again wont affect your credit score too much.

It's understandable when someone is shopping for loans for an autoloan, multiple inquires are expected. If you do it multiple times every few months then that wouldnt be good.

I ended up asking them to run it multiple times via big banks and stopped when I had my lowest.

Reactions: ElleRo
Holy cow, I just got the 1.24% rate at 65 months from DCU. Holy crap! $2,000 of interest for a $60,000 car. I'm getting this thing for free! Plus, no payments for the first two months of ownership. So crazy
That’s crazy! I was given 1.74 in the phone a few days ago which I thought was pretty low. Then they just dropped to 1.49 on their website and I was aiming for that before loan finalized. But 1.24, Man! I’m in the process of finalizing the loan with DCU, but they do ask for VIN before I can proceed. Since I still do not have it in my Tesla account, I will have to wait. My preapproval is good for 45 days and hopefully I can get my VIN before that.

That’s crazy! I was given 1.74 in the phone a few days ago which I thought was pretty low. Then they just dropped to 1.49 on their website and I was aiming for that before loan finalized. But 1.24, Man! I’m in the process of finalizing the loan with DCU, but they do ask for VIN before I can proceed. Since I still do not have it in my Tesla account, I will have to wait. My preapproval is good for 45 days and hopefully I can get my VIN before that.
Wish I lived, work or worshipped in that area 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.