Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent some time researching auto loans this morning… Texas Tech Credit Union is offering 0.99%APR. For eligibility they have you join the TT Alumni Association through the credit union for a one time fee of $35. Outside of that bank there are several credit unions offering between 0.99%-1.24%. Just google “Auto Loan 0.99%.” Good luck!

I spent some time researching auto loans this morning… Texas Tech Credit Union is offering 0.99%APR. For eligibility they have you join the TT Alumni Association through the credit union for a one time fee of $35. Outside of that bank there are several credit unions offering between 0.99%-1.24%. Just google “Auto Loan 0.99%.” Good luck!
Jeez that’s basically like free money. Here I am all proud of my 2.49% with Tesla haha

I applied for loan on last thursday (before VIN), got the approval and got an email to upload purchase agreement. Without this, you will not see any written confirmation from DCU for 1.24, so you cannot match without any proper document.

on friday got the VIN, and MVPA, uploaded MVPA and got the documents to sign on Saturday.
I can pricematch at this time, without signing these documents (sent by docusign). I signed these documents, as I want to go through them.
So even though someone didn’t go to Texas Tech, you can still join the credit union by just paying $35 to the alumni association?

Oh wow this thread is so helpful. Just put in my order for my first Tesla. Will definitely use some of the tips from here to try and negotiate a better rate.
If I'm looking to get Tesla to match the rate that I'm getting from outside, do I choose Tesla Financing right now at the order page or do I choose self arranged financing? Does that matter at this point what I choose if I do Tesla financing or the other option? I might just go with the other option so does it matter what I choose at this time?

If I'm looking to get Tesla to match the rate that I'm getting from outside, do I choose Tesla Financing right now at the order page or do I choose self arranged financing? Does that matter at this point what I choose if I do Tesla financing or the other option? I might just go with the other option so does it matter what I choose at this time?
Its better to choose cash while ordering and then as your EDD gets closer you can call your SA and have him change to financing. The advantage of this is that you can complete your profile immediately and get in the queue.

Its better to choose cash while ordering and then as your EDD gets closer you can call your SA and have him change to financing. The advantage of this is that you can complete your profile immediately and get in the queue.
I’m ordering the 7 seater. It’s giving me November estimate. I’m not in a rush to take delivery right now. End of November and beginning of December will be fine. Im getting November as a time anyway so maybe I should leave it alone and not put it on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.