Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the same, declined to sign, sent the approval to rate match email id, waiting to hear back. Meanwhile to match the rate finance guy on phone opened the finance through Tesla option for me. Right now 2.49 through BMO Harris bank. Waiting to hear from rate match guys (2 hours and counting)
I just went ahead with DCU and signed it. Not going to try the rate match. My delivery is this Saturday, so just wanted to get it over with.

Edit: I also had BMO Harris Bank with 2.49%, but hadn't yet confirmed (accepted) those terms. I didn't like the language: "By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with BMO Harris Bank N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method." I do need to call and change my payment method to self-arrange with third party. Hopefully that is an easy thing to switch to, and can do it before delivery date.

What are some good credit unions to try that can give a lower rate then DCU?

I have a DCU account and applied for the 1.24% loan on Sunday, still no email from DCU. Will calling DCU's loan department speed it up?

Screenshot from 2021-08-02 22-43-48.png

What are some good credit unions to try that can give a lower rate then DCU?

I have a DCU account and applied for the 1.24% loan on Sunday, still no email from DCU. Will calling DCU's loan department speed it up?

View attachment 691365
Yes. Call, it will help. I applied on a Sat. Never heard anything but figured it was the weekend. I waiting until Monday around 10 AM EST to call and everything was sorted out on the phone. Had the DocuSign by the afternoon.

Reactions: tsam23 and nyxynyx
This is awesome write up, thanks for doing that.
I just got MVPA today, so have to start from 0
What stage are you in approval at ?

1. Apply when you get the MVPA
2. Get the email from DCU to upload MVPA. Call to expedite. Prepare to wait for Long time. Best to call in early morning hours (adjust according to your timezone).
3. Upload MVPA, call again.
4. Agent on phone will go through the terms. Offer Gap insurance, credit card (decline, if you wish). Then he will have a DocuSign document emailed to you in few hours.
5. Now the fun part. If you want to keep DCU for financing, sign the document asap. If not, then step 8. Once they send the DocuSign, your online banking for DCU will show the loan account.
6. Once they get the document signed they will overnight the check payable to Tesla through FedEx.
7. When you get the check, you take it to the delivery center (no home delivery for 3rd party financing) and get the car, give them the check if you accept the delivery.
8. If you do not wish to keep DCU, do not sign the DocuSign document. Decline to sign and call them to cancel the loan. But before that open financing with Tesla and send a rate match email at [email protected] with the DocuSign document PDF.

Simple :)
What if I applied for Tesla financing first so my account is not currently set for cash - anyone done it this way? Assume I need to wait for VIN then contact SA to help generate MVPA? I don’t mind actually using DCU vs rate matching but don’t want to change anything on the account until getting a VIN. Any help appreciated!

What if I applied for Tesla financing first so my account is not currently set for cash - anyone done it this way? Assume I need to wait for VIN then contact SA to help generate MVPA? I don’t mind actually using DCU vs rate matching but don’t want to change anything on the account until getting a VIN. Any help appreciated!
If your profile is completed for now and you don't have a VIN, then the general consensus here is DO NOT TOUCH anything on your profile until you receive VIN. If something is pending, then put cash and complete the profile. When you get a VIN then you can do whatever you want. Change cash to 3rd party financing or change 3rd party financing to Tesla financing.

I think Tesla financing should be last because if you accept those terms then payment method can't be changed. But all of this when you get a VIN.

Till you get VIN, you can open DCU account, get information about best possible rate, or research any other CU. Many folks have mentioned their names here or on other threads.

Once you have VIN, you can email your SA or talk to finance option on Tesla customer service number - hell lot of options. But until then put cash as payment option and do not touch your profile. Any change before VIN might delay your order or EDD further.

Reactions: jmx949
You got yours rate matched ?

I emailed yesterday and haven't heard as I typed this. My SA is useless. I spoke to other colleague of hers and had him send a follow up to them. He said we should hear sometime tomorrow
I am still waiting for their reply. Think it will be faster if I just go with DCU? My EDD is "August 06 - August 12", not sure if its too late to attempt a rate match.

Status
Not open for further replies.