Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla had no problems matching 1.24% DCU rate for 72mo for me today unlike what some others have stated. This also included no down payment which is higher than what Tesla financing option allows. They just told me to apply for 72mo loan and once approved let them know before clicking on blue agree to terms button in the account. Couldn't have been more easy. So not sure if I caught the loan match guy in a good mood or there is something else they look at for approval for some and not others. Just thought I would share so others would still be encouraged to try to use the match process for DCU.

P.S. I was mistaken as many others might be that the DCU referral has ZERO impact on becoming a member or your loan rate. The referral only gets each party a few bucks. Just select the $10 option to join a partner foundation. $10 is nothing to save 1000s on dropping rate 1/2 vs standard Tesla rate.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Got approved by Tesla for a 2.49% APR 72 months. Is there in any way you can negotiate the APR rate with Tesla? My EDD is on December-January. Do I really have to arrange the financing as early as now or I can do it at a later time? Thank you! By the way, I'm trading in my car and I don't want to do a cash downpayment of 10k. Bit too much.

Hello everyone. I'm new here. Got approved by Tesla for a 2.49% APR 72 months. Is there in any way you can negotiate the APR rate with Tesla? My EDD is on December-January. Do I really have to arrange the financing as early as now or I can do it at a later time? Thank you! By the way, I'm trading in my car and I don't want to do a cash downpayment of 10k. Bit too much.
Yes, you have applied way too early. Tesla will most likely need to re-run your credit again closer to delivery. Their rate is probably only good for 60 days. I could be mistaken as I don't know their policy. However, it is definitely too early to apply with any other bank. Wait until you have your VIN. I see you are in LA, which means after getting a VIN you could have your car within a week. Still enough time to get your financing in order (only need 3 days max), but need to work quickly once a VIN is assigned. Some people have had luck asking [email protected] to shop around with the various banks to get a lower rate. I had asked and never received a response. But wasn't concerned since I was rate matching anyway, which you can do up until 7 days post delivery.

Same thing with trade-in. Tesla's offer is only good for 30 days. They will need to reassess closer to delivery. Lately that's been a good thing. People have been getting better value for trades as time goes on. Counterintuitive for a used car, but that's the market right now. I got $3,000 more from Carvana 3 months after an initial assessment. Who knows what the market will be like in Q4.

Yes, you have applied way too early. Tesla will most likely need to re-run your credit again closer to delivery. Their rate is probably only good for 60 days. I could be mistaken as I don't know their policy. However, it is definitely too early to apply with any other bank. Wait until you have your VIN. I see you are in LA, which means after getting a VIN you could have your car within a week. Still enough time to get your financing in order (only need 3 days max), but need to work quickly once a VIN is assigned. Some people have had luck asking [email protected] to shop around with the various banks to get a lower rate. I had asked and never received a response. But wasn't concerned since I was rate matching anyway, which you can do up until 7 days post delivery.

Same thing with trade-in. Tesla's offer is only good for 30 days. They will need to reassess closer to delivery. Lately that's been a good thing. People have been getting better value for trades as time goes on. Counterintuitive for a used car, but that's the market right now. I got $3,000 more from Carvana 3 months after an initial assessment. Who knows what the market will be like in Q4.
Agree. I got financing from DCU and a Tesla rate match all done in 1 day. There is plenty of time once you have your VIN to get financing figured out.

I'd love to get a referral as well. My EDD is in October; is this the best time to work on that piece or better to wait?
There is some great info above, but others have gotten things set up closer to or upon receipt of VIN. Things may get delayed and credit applications only last for so long. Happy shoot you a referral (which doesn't seem to be needed, but can offset the membership fee), just need name and email.

Just got my contract to sign from DCU this morning for 1.24% for 65 months and forwarded it over to [email protected] to see if they will match that for 72 months. Hoping for the same luck as Blackhawk2383 today; fingers crossed...I will keep you all posted, it says I would hear something back in 1-2 business days in the auto response I received from that email address.

Just got my contract to sign from DCU this morning for 1.24% for 65 months and forwarded it over to [email protected] to see if they will match that for 72 months. Hoping for the same luck as Blackhawk2383 today; fingers crossed...I will keep you all posted, it says I would hear something back in 1-2 business days in the auto response I received from that email address.
Good luck. Typical responses have been less than 24 hours. If you don't get it for 72 months, then I would push back and get 60 months if you are comfortable with that. Otherwise 1.24% for 65 months with DCU isn't anything to complain about either!

Status
Not open for further replies.