Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry new to the post but question: has anyone had an experience where say they got approved by DCU without downpayment and tesla financing has matched rate and no downpayment ?
This is exactly my case. DCU loan doc showed 117% LTV bc I did no down payment and financed even the sales tax...why not 1.24% is cheap. For this reason I sent Tesla match my DCU loan offer first to ask if they would match before I applied for Tesla loan though the account.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Just a word of caution for anyone wanting to do this. Make sure you have your VIN before requesting a change in your order's payment option.

If you have your SA "change" it for you, all they can do is reset the payment option and you'll have to go into your Tesla account and select Cash or Self-Arranged Financing as your option in order to get the MVPA. Once you've selected your payment option and "re-finalized" your order, this will bump you down the queue as the system will see that you've just finalized your order on that date, which right now means a December delivery.

This is what happened to my friend who ordered in early May, but requested for a payment change on his account in June. He should've been taking delivery of his car right around now with the rest of the May orders, but instead he has mid-late Sept EDD.
Ouch!very very good point

I successfully opened an account and have now applied at DCU today for an auto loan, submitted everything. For those that have done this, how long do they take to get back with a decision without calling? Not excited about waiting on hold to press the issue.

So what would be the proper order of operations if I want to compre Tesla financing to DCU, and also include a trade-in in the mix? My SA said to chose the cash option for now, and my trade-in estimate keeps expiring every 2 weeks. Is this partially resetting my EDD?

Does anyone have experience if I were to wait to receive a VIN, and then have enough time to apply to DCU, update my trade-in profile on Tesla, and apply for Tesla financing to compare? With the option to try a Tesla match to DCU?

So what would be the proper order of operations if I want to compre Tesla financing to DCU, and also include a trade-in in the mix? My SA said to chose the cash option for now, and my trade-in estimate keeps expiring every 2 weeks. Is this partially resetting my EDD?

Does anyone have experience if I were to wait to receive a VIN, and then have enough time to apply to DCU, update my trade-in profile on Tesla, and apply for Tesla financing to compare? With the option to try a Tesla match to DCU?
Upon vin receipt you would have enough time to apply for DCU financing and also rate match !

Reactions: mikeds86
Upon vin receipt you would have enough time to apply for DCU financing and also rate match !
Ok thanks. Should I wait to add my trade-in until I receive VIN? Does this update the order agreement, or will Tesla send an updated total (minus trade-in) to DCU before I actually take delivery? I would like to trade in through Tesla for ease of sake, and they’re giving a different offer

Applied for a DCU auto loan on Fri night and called early Sat morning (only a 12 min hold time at 6:05am PST, just after they opened on Sat morning) and got my loan approved at 1.24%. I don't have my VIN or MVPA yet, but should be getting them in the next week. Here's the steps on what I'm doing, in order to make everything work:

- Applied for the DCU loan for $60k, because that's what I want to borrow (even from Tesla). Got approved @ 1.24%
- Get VIN & have my payment option changed to Self-Arranged and choose DCU as the lender. Put a $60k loan amount & wait for new MVPA.
- Get updated MVPA from Tesla. Upload to DCU.
- Call DCU (wait an hour to talk to somebody during the weekday) and have them push the loan through, & wait for the loan doc to be sent over.
- Have my payment option on my Tesla account changed again, so I can apply for a Tesla loan for $60k.
- Once I receive the loan doc from DCU, submit it to ratematch@tesla and hope for the best.
- Call back DCU (wait another hour) and cancel my auto loan app.

I figure that process should take a good day or two at most to complete, which is plenty of time for me to get everything done from when I get my VIN to when I can actually take delivery of the car.

No to first question. You can be anywhere in continental US and still open a DCU account. And get a loan too.

They do provide a document named loan terms and conditions through docusign, which you got to sign and send them to get a check from them payable to Tesla mailed to you. But if you want to do a rate match , do not sign that document, instead send that to [email protected].

Hi, when is the best time to change t
Paymment method .?. And whe is the best time to apply for the loan?? It's my understanding that that the application is valid for 60 days...
Yes, my EDD is 2nd half of Sep so I applied this month base on the fact the loan is valid for 60 days.

Last year when we bought the first model y, our loan was approved too early (90+ days), the day before delivery we got a hard pull from the lender with a updated rate. Luckily, it was lower than the original rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.