Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I applied and got approved for a loan from DCU @ 1.24% but I can’t get them to provide any paperwork until I give them a MVPA with vin on it. When will that come? I sent the one from my documents section but because there was no vin they won’t budge. My Y is arriving tomorrow and I want to pick it up ☹️☹️😩
If you don't want to delay your delivery, just take the delivery and you can rate match one week after delivery.

Reactions: ConchChick
I submitted application for DCU membership/Savings and Checking account. My plan is to keep checking and savings account ready and wait for VIN to apply for auto loan. After submitting the checking/savings application, all I received was thank you message and someone will reach out to me. Does anyone know how long does it take for them to approve/establish accounts?

I submitted application for DCU membership/Savings and Checking account. My plan is to keep checking and savings account ready and wait for VIN to apply for auto loan. After submitting the checking/savings application, all I received was thank you message and someone will reach out to me. Does anyone know how long does it take for them to approve/establish accounts?
Today when I called them they said 24 hours after everything is completed to become a member

Reactions: Yes007
Help! I applied and got approved for a loan from DCU @ 1.24% but I can’t get them to provide any paperwork until I give them a MVPA with vin on it. When will that come? I sent the one from my documents section but because there was no vin they won’t budge. My Y is arriving tomorrow and I want to pick it up ☹️☹️😩
I don't know why you can't get MVPA if your delivery is tomorrow. You can check your account and there is a MVPA for you to download

I don't know why you can't get MVPA if your delivery is tomorrow. You can check your account and there is a MVPA for you to download
I believe that a Tesla finance order will not have a MVPA but instead a Finance agreement. That’s why you need to keep the order in as Cash until you get a VIN. Then flip to 3rd party financing unless you are financing the full amount. And that will list the amount financed on your updated MVPA. Then DCU will approve and send e-sign docs which you can then use to rate match (flip back to Tesla financing).

I believe that a Tesla finance order will not have a MVPA but instead a Finance agreement. That’s why you need to keep the order in as Cash until you get a VIN. Then flip to 3rd party financing unless you are financing the full amount. And that will list the amount financed on your updated MVPA. Then DCU will approve and send e-sign docs which you can then use to rate match (flip back to Tesla financing).
Thank you for sharing this information. I set it up in cash order and that's why. sorry for assuming

Jeff, Would you mind refer me to DCU? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: OCJeff
FYI just provide Tesla with a "letter" I got Tesla to match 1.25% through Chase
How did you apply through Chase ? I tried to apply through chase auto finance but it asks for vehicle make then it redirects me to tesla website saying I need to apply through them. I went to chase bank branch and they say to apply online 🙄. Im in so cal also so any input would be appreciated. Also a chase existing customer

How long does DCU membership take to get approved ?

I just started working on this yesterday, and my "Order Agreement" still does not have the VIN. Do you a "Delivery Configuration" available in your Documents section? I now have that showing and it looks like the Order Agreement MVPA except it also does have my VIN listed. I just uploaded to DCU and plan to call them this morning.

Others have also stated that you may need your SA to change your Payment type to third party in order to generate a new MVPA. I am wondering if that will be the next step I need to take. At this point, I still need full approval from DCU, I only have the initial approval given online.

These are the steps I took after I got vin (Saturday)
1. Get checking (must get for direct deposit discount) and savings (must get)account with Dcu (can be done before vin which will help the process)
2. Called tesla to change from cash to finance.
3. Applied auto loan with Dcu on Sunday but because loan office is closed on sundays I couldn’t speak with anyone.
4. Monday called them and did the call back option.
5. received call and explained I wanted auto loan and they were able to pull up the information I placed online. They saw tesla and knew it was supposed to have ev credit discount and also I told them I wanted to do direct deposit. Got email while on the phone to send them mvpa( didn’t state Dcu on the form)
6. told me docusign will be sent to by end of business day.
7. didn’t receive by end of day so called again and did the call back option for following morning (Tuesday)
8. Got call and asked them to send docusign and they said they are backed up and may take to end of business day.
9. Got focusing about 1hr later
10. Send docusign to rate match.

Now just waiting for tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.