Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've called me back twice. You should use extension 9150 when you call in.

Have you already applied to be a member? If so, the member number is the number you use to log in to the website.
Yes applied for memebership and loan. They did email me my member number and stupidly did not write down while applying even though it was all approved.

Yes I used 9150 when I call each time, and no call backs

Sweet!! I just noticed that I triggered the "Plus" benefit level with DCU. This was prior to even opening the Auto loan application, but it will give me the .5% discount rate on the loan when I do apply.

I'm leaning towards just going with DCU as they came to the table with the best rate.

FYI, I was only doing DD for about $700/mo with them ($350 per pay period), and that was enough to qualify.

1630522171471.png

Reactions: Peekabooo
FYI - you don't need a referral to join, you simply need to meet one of the qualifications for free membership, or donate to one of the causes to become a member - I believe the cheapest option is a $10 one. If you're trying to rate match with Tesla, don't even bother with a referral since it won't benefit you if you're just going to let the account rot after getting the match.

That said, if you want to go through the effort of getting a referral, go for it - just know that you don't need one.

Sweet!! I just noticed that I triggered the "Plus" benefit level with DCU. This was prior to even opening the Auto loan application, but it will give me the .5% discount rate on the loan when I do apply.

I'm leaning towards just going with DCU as they came to the table with the best rate.

FYI, I was only doing DD for about $700/mo with them ($350 per pay period), and that was enough to qualify.

View attachment 704085
What's their minimum for direct deposit ?

These are the steps I took after I got vin (Saturday)
1. Get checking (must get for direct deposit discount) and savings (must get)account with Dcu (can be done before vin which will help the process)
2. Called tesla to change from cash to finance.
3. Applied auto loan with Dcu on Sunday but because loan office is closed on sundays I couldn’t speak with anyone.
4. Monday called them and did the call back option.
5. received call and explained I wanted auto loan and they were able to pull up the information I placed online. They saw tesla and knew it was supposed to have ev credit discount and also I told them I wanted to do direct deposit. Got email while on the phone to send them mvpa( didn’t state Dcu on the form)
6. told me docusign will be sent to by end of business day.
7. didn’t receive by end of day so called again and did the call back option for following morning (Tuesday)
8. Got call and asked them to send docusign and they said they are backed up and may take to end of business day.
9. Got focusing about 1hr later
10. Send docusign to rate match.

Now just waiting for tesla
Curious - did you cancel the DCU loan? If so, did you just decline to sign and that was that? Did you call them? I'm good to go with approved financing and Tesla rate matched the 1.24%, just need to figure out the easiest way to cancel the DCU loan - don't want to have to call them again. Thanks!

I'm still of the opinion that you should seriously consider giving DCU your business and not just use them and cast them aside for a rate match.

Worst case I would purchase with Tesla financing to keep the purchase super simple, and then just re-finance the auto loan into DCU. I get that it's only 65 months and not 72, but I still feel like we should support the little guy who is offering these incredible rates.
Added bonus you get the savings account with a much better interest rate than what us bank would offer. You are actually better off this way.

Just to clarify on the 1.24% from DCU, they give that rate to you as soon as you apply for the loan, so long as you state you're intending to establish direct-deposit? We don't actually have to set up and wait for a single direct deposit transaction to take place to get a DocuSign doc with that rate, correct?

Just to clarify on the 1.24% from DCU, they give that rate to you as soon as you apply for the loan, so long as you state you're intending to establish direct-deposit? We don't actually have to set up and wait for a single direct deposit transaction to take place to get a DocuSign doc with that rate, correct?
Yes, I said I would do direct deposit. When they sent the docusign it had 1.24 on it which when sent to ratematch, they honored it and went 72 with US bank

Reactions: brianld
Something to keep in mind going the DCU route - they’re offering amazing rates and working super hard to meet the insane demand from forum members like us. I personally feel it’s fair to give them the business instead of just using them for a rate match. I recently used them myself and plan to put money there with the 0.5% rate you earn on checking which makes the 1.24% loan even cheaper and helps them continue to give amazing lending rates. I love credit unions because the focus is relationships over profit, so keep in mind you are likely to benefit more from starting a loan with DCU than to use their offer to rate match a big bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.