Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the steps I took after I got vin (Saturday)
1. Get checking (must get for direct deposit discount) and savings (must get)account with Dcu (can be done before vin which will help the process)
2. Called tesla to change from cash to finance.
3. Applied auto loan with Dcu on Sunday but because loan office is closed on sundays I couldn’t speak with anyone.
4. Monday called them and did the call back option.
5. received call and explained I wanted auto loan and they were able to pull up the information I placed online. They saw tesla and knew it was supposed to have ev credit discount and also I told them I wanted to do direct deposit. Got email while on the phone to send them mvpa( didn’t state Dcu on the form)
6. told me docusign will be sent to by end of business day.
7. didn’t receive by end of day so called again and did the call back option for following morning (Tuesday)
8. Got call and asked them to send docusign and they said they are backed up and may take to end of business day.
9. Got focusing about 1hr later
10. Send docusign to rate match.

Now just waiting for tesla
I received my VIN this morning, but I don't have a MVPA yet. Did you have to do something to get it? The "Review" button under the Agreements section is grayed out - do I have to contact my SA for next steps?

what’s your financing option?
I got it sorted finally. I had DCU (3rd party) financing chosen from the start. I had to email my SA a few times, then eventually call her and she fixed whatever needed to be fixed on Tesla's end and a MVPA showed up. I sent it to DCU and called to apply the discounts to get a 1.25% loan for 65 months. I got the docusign a few hours later and sent it off to [email protected]. I assume I'll need to do some extra steps with Tesla because I never applied for financing through Tesla, so I'm guessing I'll need to coordinate with my SA some more to get that squared away. Almost debating keeping DCU since the person I talked to on the phone was so pleasant with me and it won't be too much hassle to change my direct deposit.

For those of you who rated matched DCU's rate with Tesla, did any of you simply send in the Docusign from DCU (with the 1.25 rate) to the ratematch@ email address without first selecting Tesla financing? I'm seeing conflicting info about the correct steps. When I first ordered the car, I went straight to 3rd party financing with DCU listed as the bank, so I never had Tesla financing (or cash). I saw someone say they sent the Docusign pdf from DCU without applying for Tesla credit and they were able to run a check and match it due to the SSN on the Docusign from DCU, by the Docusign I have from DCU does not contain my SSN on it.

I got it sorted finally. I had DCU (3rd party) financing chosen from the start. I had to email my SA a few times, then eventually call her and she fixed whatever needed to be fixed on Tesla's end and a MVPA showed up. I sent it to DCU and called to apply the discounts to get a 1.25% loan for 65 months. I got the docusign a few hours later and sent it off to [email protected]. I assume I'll need to do some extra steps with Tesla because I never applied for financing through Tesla, so I'm guessing I'll need to coordinate with my SA some more to get that squared away. Almost debating keeping DCU since the person I talked to on the phone was so pleasant with me and it won't be too much hassle to change my direct deposit.
Nice! I just sent my doc sign earlier the day and I’m taking the delivery tomorrow. I’m hoping I can make it without pushing my delivery date.

Status
Not open for further replies.