Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interior color for Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of torn here. What’s the best interior color for a Model X, in your opinion? I’ve always found black interiors to be classiest, and obviously they’re easy to keep clean. But apparently Tesla’s white interiors are pretty resilient and not too hard to clean, and they look bright and inviting. At the same time, I think white interiors are a little showy. But they do make the space feel more open. For that reason, I think white interiors are even better in a Model S, but what do you think about Model X?

There’s also cream, which I haven’t even really considered because it feels a bit old-fashioned at this point. But there is something classy about it, and it’s not quite as showy as the white.

White - my almost 5 years old seats just as new and that's with me wearing only jeans 100% of the time and regularly driving 2 grandkids - seats are still just as white as the day I took delivery of the car.

I would never get black seats or black car in a sunny state - the heat is just unbearable when you get in the car after it spends just a short while under the sun; AC also has to work harder to cool the car. So, white on white.

• Disagree
Reactions: af88
White is the most impressive IMO. When we bought our X, the black material didn't look or feel as premium as the white material. I believe Tesla has upgraded the black material so it is now just as soft as the white. Four and a half years later, our white seats still look great. I wipe the driver's seat down with some leathermaster cleaner every couple months to remove the dye transfer, and they look as good as new.

The color choice depends whether your significant other uses hair color or not - White interior can become a wrong choice as some hair colors don't get off easily from the headrest of the seat. With the wide variety of hair color choices available in the market this becomes an unknown risk down the line.

+1 for the cream. Tesla actually changed the cream at some point to make it lighter. Most people who get in my X actually think it’s white. Personally I find the white beautiful but a bit stark and I prefer the slightly toned down vibe of the cream which i believe is very fair to describe as an off-white.

Kind of torn here. What’s the best interior color for a Model X, in your opinion? I’ve always found black interiors to be classiest, and obviously they’re easy to keep clean. But apparently Tesla’s white interiors are pretty resilient and not too hard to clean, and they look bright and inviting. At the same time, I think white interiors are a little showy. But they do make the space feel more open. For that reason, I think white interiors are even better in a Model S, but what do you think about Model X?

There’s also cream, which I haven’t even really considered because it feels a bit old-fashioned at this point. But there is something classy about it, and it’s not quite as showy as the white.
I have white and love it. I find it easier to care for than the black that I had in my Model 3.
Have White in Blur/Grey Model S & Red Model 3. Both look excellent and look like a million bucks. Easy to clean. Highly recommend.