TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Best Jack pads ?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Ultron, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ultron

Ultron Member

Which are the best jack pads to order? I see several on Amazon, they all look about the same. Is anyone better than the rest?

2. jebinc

jebinc M3 LR AWD w/FSD and white premium interior

I struggled with the same, then decided I wanted aluminum ones, not cheap injection molded plastic. While I'm sure all will "do the job," having a nice machined puck in the truck has aesthetic value! :p

3. MountainJedi

MountainJedi Member

I got the Street rays set from eBay. $29 for four aluminum pads.

4. jebinc

#4 jebinc, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    • Like x 2
  5. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I got the same set from eBay. Great seller with quick shipping...I wanted a low profile jack adapter.

6. jebinc

Mine said it will arrive a week from next Monday. Is that about how long it too for you to receive yours (9 days +/-)? Not that I expect to need them in the next nine days, but I do look forward to seeing the USA made quality and sheen!

7. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Purchased on June 20th and received them on June 24th via USPS. Is the 9 days an eBay estimate or from the actual Tracking Number ?

8. jebinc

Good point - eBay estimate is what I reported earlier. Do you recall where they are shipping from? I see you're in CA, and I'm in WA, so delivery should be similar - if in stock. Did you get the full or low profile pads?

9. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I think you will get them a lot sooner than 9 days. The seller is a quick shipper.

10. jebinc

Thanks, good to know! Did you like the quality of what you received? I would assume so, given your endorsement. If as good as the picture, quality and finish wise, I will be ecstatic!

11. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I did like the quality. The aluminum was finished nicely, feel solid and they stayed in the jack point holes without falling out. I think you'll be happy.

• Like x 1
  12. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

They are smaller in diameter than a standard hockey puck though..(2" for the jack pad adaptor vs 3" for the hockey puck).

13. Ultron

Ultron Member

Thanks guys, just ordered them.

14. jebinc

Thanks for the review and information. Now, I just have to find a reasonably priced, and not fugly, set of mud flaps....

15. Leeclanual

Leeclanual Member

Same...guaranteed delivery by next Friday.

• Like x 1
  16. jebinc

But the hockey puck lacks those rock hard centering “nipples”... if you get a dolt at the tire shop, they could cause more damage with a misaligned puck than nothing at all. Of course, no problem with the puck for those DIYers.

17. acarney

acarney Member

“Rock hard” “nipples”.... did you really have to go there?! ;)

Lol.

I actually was looking for rubber/plastic ones thinking they might be more forgiving on the underside of the car... but if people have been giving good recommendations of these I might get these guys instead!

• Funny x 2
  18. jebinc

Keep in mind these have a nylon-like ring that slips over the nipple to protect from metal to metal contact.

19. Wennfred

Wennfred Member

9A655166-3EF7-4B3C-9677-B261C333B1D8.jpeg This is who I went with and I got the set of 4, work great, already put them to use:

Tesla

• Informative x 1
  20. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

They shipped from Auburn Hills, MI 48326. Accepted at Auburn Hills, MI on the 6/21 and delivered on 6/24 by USPS in Sacramento, CA.

I did get the low profile ones, which are about 0.4" thinner than their standard version (a little thicker than a hockey puck). Thickness of the low profile adaptor is about 3/4" (thickness includes the silicone o-ring) and a standard hockey puck is about 1" I think.