Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Jack pads ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I did the same.

I’ve been known to buy silly things somewhat randomly (haha) but the jack pads weren’t one of them. The puck & rubber bumper solution is absolutely perfect.

These pucks are even cheaper; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MXP4MFD/

Same bumpers though. :)

I did the same.

I’ve been known to buy silly things somewhat randomly (haha) but the jack pads weren’t one of them. The puck & rubber bumper solution is absolutely perfect.

I wouldn't use them without the nipple. Amazon has a set of 4 for $30. I ordered mine and should be here in 2 or 3 days. These don't have those shiney nipples and are called jack pads on their site.
Although, I can't blame someone for liking shiney nipples... :p

I wouldn't use them without the nipple. Amazon has a set of 4 for $30. I ordered mine and should be here in 2 or 3 days. These don't have those shiney nipples and are called jack pads on their site.

Via eBay, I paid $34.99, or less than $8.75/jack pad, for the "polished knob" ones pictured above. And, didn't incur any additional assembly "labor costs," or cost for whatever adhesive was used to glue the rubber stopper to the hockey puck. The puck solution is a great less expensive alterative for sure, but I wouldn't trust the help at a tire shop to align four hockey pucks correctly (as you would take the time to do at home) or to not cause more damage to your car when they tried to use them, by misaligning them on your car when raising 'da lift... You kind of need a solution that allows you to plug the hole in you car with a pad before raising a four point lift to the car, no? Tough to align four hockey pucks on a four point lift at the same time while getting the alignment right with your car. I guess if you had four people at the tire shop, one at each corner, it might be safer/doable.

EDIT: I would also think the solution needs to be one where the nipple/knob/nibs (polished, shiny or not) needs to be affixed well to the base pad to ensure the jack (and pad) don't slip/move when jacking the car - especially true if just using a floor jack on one wheel! Many of the Jack Pads for sale have this nipple/knob/nibs attached via screws, bolts or part of the one piece injection molded pad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kleenerth3

That’s what the rubber bumpers are for - order both the hockey pucks and the bumpers. Then just screw right between the nipples and ...

... well this goes nowhere good.

But I agree, nips are mandatory!! :)

See - ready to go - erect and ready for action.

DBB829BD-C290-46D5-949F-5B824FBDDD14.jpeg

Via eBay, I paid $34.99, or less than $8.75/jack pad, for the "polished knob" ones pictured above. And, didn't incur any additional assembly "labor costs," or cost for whatever adhesive was used to glue the rubber stopper to the hockey puck. The puck solution is a great less expensive alterative for sure, but I wouldn't trust the help at a tire shop to align four hockey pucks correctly (as you would take the time to do at home) or to not cause more damage to your car when they tried to use them, by misaligning them on your car when raising 'da lift... You kind of need a solution that allows you to plug the hole in you car with a pad before raising a four point lift to the car, no? Tough to align four hockey pucks on a four point lift at the same time while getting the alignment right with your car. I guess if you had four people at the tire shop, one at each corner, it might be safer/doable.

EDIT: I would also think the solution needs to be one where the nipple/knob/nibs (polished, shiny or not) needs to be affixed well to the base pad to ensure the jack (and pad) don't slip/move when jacking the car - especially true if just using a floor jack on one wheel! Many of the Jack Pads for sale have this nipple/knob/nibs attached via screws, bolts or part of the one piece injection molded pad.
That's why I like those that can stay in place. The hockey pucks with said nipple would work great for a single jack application, as long as you guide the nipple into the hole w/o shiftiness.
I need to make sure I have the right jacks for the local non-TMC mechanic to raise on jacks. There's a great deal, then there's just plain cheap...
Ok, so I prefer proper nipples to the cheap ones. o_O

Thanks for the review and information. Now, I just have to find a reasonably priced, and not fugly, set of mud flaps....
Thanks for the review and information. Now, I just have to find a reasonably priced, and not fugly, set of mud flaps....
I tried these. Rally Armour basic black mud flaps. It seems if they look good, they're expensive and don't have good coverage. These look okay and I adjusted the height to my liking. 2 1/2" off level ground in front and 5 1/2" in the rear. Out only far enough to cover the tire.
Mine looks like...IMG_20190712_121520378.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20190710_103054158_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190710_103054158_HDR.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20190710_103043899.jpg
    IMG_20190710_103043899.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20190710_102952907.jpg
    IMG_20190710_102952907.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 162
I tried these. Rally Armour basic black mud flaps. It seems if they look good, they're expensive and don't have good coverage. These look okay and I adjusted the height to my liking. 2 1/2" off level ground in front and 5 1/2" in the rear. Out only far enough to cover the tire.
Mine looks like...View attachment 429639

Thanks for the input. I went with these and organized a group buy for others.

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

Thanks for the input. I went with these and organized a group buy for others.

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)
Those totally look like the R.A. ones that I showed you. A little trimming in the fronts, full on in the back and affordable. I used the original push pins and needed one trim screw at the top. That was due to how much give is in the rear well wall.
I'd love to see how you and the groups come out. Good luck and your threads were fun, see ya!

Thanks! Did yours come with the rear lower SS brackets? Looking at his site, they are not remade or resold generic flaps, but custom designed and manufactured for the M3. No drilling either.

Those totally look like the R.A. ones that I showed you. A little trimming in the fronts, full on in the back and affordable. I used the original push pins and needed one trim screw at the top. That was due to how much give is in the rear well wall.
I'd love to see how you and the groups come out. Good luck and your threads were fun, see ya!

I flipped through the first bits and like the look. I did have to lay them out and drill them myself but that let me set them where I want. They don't have the rear bracket but are thick enough I'm not worried about it.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I did the same.

When I click the links the ones I posted were cheaper, but in any case only $2 one way or another :)

Has anyone tried these by Traverse Ridge? They are a 4 pack for $30:
The ORIGINAL Tesla Jack Pad (for Model 3, S, X) Lift Point Adapter (4 PK w/BAG) | eBay

Those are nothing more than hockey pucks with the bumpers attached that I posted above. You can make them yourself for almost half that price.

On the similar subject, what kind of jack are you using with these jack pads? like low profile Harbor Freight? also thanks for the Ebay link for the jack pads.

I use the Harbor Freight 3 ton low profile jack, it is an amazing value - 3 ton Low Profile Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump® Have used it on my S, X and 3 to change over tires for 2 seasons now and it works great.