TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Best location for an NFC tag?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jdo, Jun 9, 2015.

1. jdo

jdo Member

I'd like to place an NFC tag in my Model S that can be used to enable/disable the travel settings for my cellphone.

I was looking for suggestions for the most effective/least obtrusive location for the tag.

My interior is carbon fiber/alcantara, and unfortunately the carbon fiber appears to interfere with the NFC connection.

I also have an Evannex Center Console (also in carbon fiber), but before I stick it on the upholstery was wondering if someone else had already come up with a clever solution.

2. green1

green1 Active Member

Not in a tesla, but in my personal vehicle, and my work truck, I have an NFC tag on my visor, somehow it feels like a decent place for it.

3. !S4

!S4 Member

This console has an NFC integrated. I think somewhere in the console would be best if you can work around the carbon fiber.
    Avantelle - Tesla Luxury Center Console

4. iffatall

iffatall Member

I have my tag below the USB ports.

5. jdo

jdo Member

*slaps head* of course. And this works great. Thanks.

That's where I actually got the idea from. Unfortunately, no place on the Evannex CCI seems to be a good spot.

The CCI interferes with that space.