Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best location for car seat in a 6 seat configuration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my specific case, my child will be sitting in a front facing car seat.

Not sure which side is safer.
I can think of few reasons for either side of the 2nd row, looking for other input.

Driver side:
I don't have to walk around the car to get her in/out of the car.
Would be easier to see her in a rear view mirror, or add on mirror.

Passenger side:
Would be easier to hand her things that she might need.
With auto pilot, I might dare to turn around and look at her, and it would be easier on this side.

Thanks!

Right behind you for sure. Crash analysis shows that the drivers almost always instinctively protect their side, then the middle of the engineless car will safest from front and rear impact. Ideally, if you had a center seat in the second row, it would have been the place. I wonder if the floor still has anchors or something to attach a seat to in the center?

Also when parallel parked make it a habit to exit the vehicle carefully then move to the curb side and extract the baby, although it will be harder, daily routine of about 100 time of bending over to touch toes will condition you enough not to feel any discomfort, along with other maneuvers to put you in shape for the 10lb baby and 20lb titanium graphite alloy seat.

Last edited:
Right behind you for sure. Crash analysis shows that the drivers almost always instinctively protect their side, then the middle of the engineless car will safest from front and rear impact. Ideally, if you had a center seat in the second row, it would have been the place. I wonder if the floor still has anchors or something to attach a seat to in the center?

Also when parallel parked make it a habit to exit the vehicle carefully then move to the curb side and extract the baby, although it will be harder, daily routine of about 100 time of bending over to touch toes will condition you enough not to feel any discomfort, along with other maneuvers to put you in shape for the 10lb baby and 20lb titanium graphite alloy seat.

Hmm. Don't most T-bone collisions hit the driver's side first in the United States?

That said, given the amazing side pole penetration test results on the X I'd say your kid would be safer in *any* of the 4 back seats of the X vs. the safest location in any other car.

Peter+