Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best looking floor mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for the best looking mats

I went with Tesmanian mainly due to price and side lip coverage (also, at the time of my ordering, Maxpiders were close, but not yet shipping orders.

I live in a snow-heavy area so I wanted ones that were

1. simple, sturdy, easy to clean
2. provided ample side coverage for both front driver/passenger and back passenger.

I particularly liked how high the lip goes up for the single-piece back passenger mat - comparatively to the Maxpiders, I feel like Tesmanians are higher and provide slightly better snow/water protection. If I lived in Cali or somewhere w/o snow and didn't mind the extra $$ for maxpiders, I do think those look & rate very well.

back seat (side view 2).JPG back seat (top view).JPG driver (side view).JPG driver (top view).JPG passenger (front view).JPG passenger (side view).JPG passenger (top view).JPG back seat (side view 1).JPG

• Informative
Reactions: mikevbf and Kimo
I went with Tesmanian mainly due to price and side lip coverage (also, at the time of my ordering, Maxpiders were close, but not yet shipping orders.

I live in a snow-heavy area so I wanted ones that were

1. simple, sturdy, easy to clean
2. provided ample side coverage for both front driver/passenger and back passenger.

I particularly liked how high the lip goes up for the single-piece back passenger mat - comparatively to the Maxpiders, I feel like Tesmanians are higher and provide slightly better snow/water protection. If I lived in Cali or somewhere w/o snow and didn't mind the extra $$ for maxpiders, I do think those look & rate very well.

View attachment 587714 View attachment 587715 View attachment 587716 View attachment 587717 View attachment 587718 View attachment 587719 View attachment 587723 View attachment 587724

Thanks for posting pics. They helped.

Reactions: drx10
@Kimo
I have had 3 sets of Weathertechs in various cars and will never buy them again. They are hard plastic which makes me wonder why I don’t just rip out the factory carpets if I want a hard/cold feel in my cars. Also, the second row and cargo mats I have had the edges permanently fold over so the mats can’t actually hold any liquid spills anymore. To top it off the black looks permanently dirty and the tan set I have has permanent stains on them.

@Kimo
I have had 3 sets of Weathertechs in various cars and will never buy them again. They are hard plastic which makes me wonder why I don’t just rip out the factory carpets if I want a hard/cold feel in my cars. Also, the second row and cargo mats I have had the edges permanently fold over so the mats can’t actually hold any liquid spills anymore. To top it off the black looks permanently dirty and the tan set I have has permanent stains on them.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I have a set of weathertechs in my infiniti SUV for about 6 years, and so far they have been working well. I was considering the tesmanian mats for my Y as I think they will hold up really well in all the snow / mud we run into each year wen we go take care of the horse.

I have the normal (black and white) mats from Autailors in my White on White LR AWD MY. I think they look great, but as others have said, whether something looks good is kind of a subjective thing.

Here's the video I saw that convinced me they'd look good and do what I needed for my floor mats:

They look better in person, especially with the performance pedals I installed from abstract ocean.

I gotta agree that the video doesn't do them justice. If you don't need plastic or rubber mats, I recommend the Autailors. I love it that they are flexible like regular mats, so they're easy to remove and clean off.

Reactions: WasherDryer
I bought the Tesla winter mats with the full side protection and couldn't be happier. A bit pricey, but high quality. In the winter here in Switzerland with all the rain, slush and snow the side protection goes a long way in keeping the interior clean and protected. When dirty I just pull them out and hose them down, let them dry and then put them back. Clean and ready to go for another session in the alps.

Tesmanian's are $129, Tesla's are $195. $66 more expensive for the Tesla's which to me wasn't personally that big a difference. They fit perfectly and are very high quality with a faint Tesla embossed on the sides.

Last edited:
I can understand getting WeatherTech or Tesmanian floor mats for muddy boots or to carry dirty materials or pets in the back. But if you wanted a carpet-like floor mat, what is the advantage of a Teslarati or other aftermarket product? Do they simply look better, or are they easier to clean, show less wear, or have some other advantage? My family and I will probably track in *some* dirt, water, snow, etc. over time so I'm assuming I'll eventually have to replace a carpet-type floor mat; why not just start with the original mats for the front and back seats? (I'll probably get the Tesmanian mats for the trunk only.)

Agree! These are all-weather without looking like they are. I think they look amazing with the black interior of the Tesla. I have never had 3dMaxpider mats in any of my other cars, but these things look amazing in person and are low maintenance to own/use. I highly recommend them!!!

I also have 3D Maxpiders in our 3 and Y. I agree with the this sentiment, I did not want hard rubber or the other patterns I have seen but others have noted, looks are highly subjective. I will add I like the texture of Maxpiders under my feet, that's not a look thing. When I originally got the them for the 3 I wasn't sure. I've been in vehicles with the rubbery and plasticky mats and I learned I didn't like those. When we got the Y I waited for the Maxpiders since they were a known quantity to me.

Been rocking weathertech for years now, kinda over the industrial look so most likely going with AUTAILORS once the car shows up lol. I'll post some pictures comparing the existing mats to the new ones and how it all works with the 2 piece setup in the trunk. Congrats to everyone who has gotten their cars.

Reactions: WasherDryer
I would be willing to give taptes another shot. I got them for my 3 but the passenger side did not fit properly so I returned and got the Maxpider for 20 more.
I guess I'm shocked they can blatantly rip off 3D with that texture/look/layers. Most things look like weathertech ripoffs these days, as its not that proprietary of a look or material so it'd be hard to fight. But 3D would have a case if they wanted! Lol

These look awesome!!!!! Unfortunately for kiddos i feel like they will figure out how to stain them or destroy them vs woven rubber/plastic or the solid weathertech or AUTAILORS style that isn't really a fabric.
i have had three kids, snow storms and tons of sand on them... they last longer than I keep the cars...just shake them out...fanstastic look and feel

Does the vehicle come standard with floor mats? In a number of the aftermarket mat review videos, those individuals doing the review often show themselves removing carpet mats but then I noticed on the interior details list, floor mats are not listed as it is on other models. Has this changed since Tesla began offering the carpet mats for sale on the store?

E8DA598A-1356-4B5F-A663-590DEFE00FB7.jpeg

These look awesome!!!!! Unfortunately for kiddos i feel like they will figure out how to stain them or destroy them vs woven rubber/plastic or the solid weathertech or AUTAILORS style that isn't really a fabric.

I have the 6.6 Cocomats in our 2015 Model S as well as our Bolt EV and Odyssey. They are virtually indestructible yet have a nice texture and the driver's heel pad that I love. For me they are best blend of comfort, style, and durability. They are not cheap but I swear by them...plus they still look new after years and years.

Nylon 6.6 Floor Mats