TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Best meter for garage charging outlet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tdave, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Tdave

Tdave Member

I want to attach a meter to the garage charging outlet (NEMA 14-50) I'm about to have installed in my garage, so I can track the electricity usage. I figure I want something with a non-resettable total, plus one or two resettable counters, similar to a car odometer.

What are my options? I don't want to spend a ton, but don't want something cheap, either. Is there something everyone's using?

2. EV_de

EV_de Model SP10/XP9 EU ZOE#47

3. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Is there a 240v version of a Kill-A-Watt that's tweetable? That would be cool from a remote monitoring perspective.

Those cable clamp monitors won't apply in my case, where the circuit is most likely going to be shared with the solar 240v/40a that was recently pulled through the garage.

4. johnr

johnr Member

No, unfortunately not. I wish there was - I sell the kill a watt meters and have gotten a few requests for a 240v model.

5. johnr

johnr Member

6. Picasso

Picasso kllkkjlk

I love these guys Veris Industries

You have allot of differnt options, I have 3-phase power at my location so cost was a little higher to watch 3 legs. But Veris makes some nice stuff. I think the best one for you is this guy for a single outlet.

Veris Industries

7. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Reviving the thread
    I had a TED5000 on the house but it died this month, kind of pissed off.
    I am impressed about the EKM meter - the 'cloud' access of the data is not there compared to the TED, but does 240 V nicely, if you are willing to copy numbers every once in a while. EKM Metering | Electric Meters | Gas Meters | Water Meters

The TED still seems awesome although a bit outdated