Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Model 3 Center Console & Door Switch Wraps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
]
54434340_1507666426041856_6906232971594825728_o.jpg
54516499_1507666352708530_2453025160421179392_o.jpg
55453606_1507666346041864_5088615104124026880_o.jpg

Hi,
I should have my Model 3 next Monday and have been busy researching necessary accessories. I've seen a few choices for Center Console Wraps..Abstract Ocean, RPM Tesla, Kenriko, and some others.
Are they really necessary, and if so, which are best? If going to match the dash, which most closely resembles it? If black, I guess it's preference.

I thought a must-have would be the Window and Door Switch wraps. I read they can help deter people from using the emergency handle. Recommendations on these would be great.

I want to pick up as much as I can. I have floor mats on the way and my Wall Connector arrived today.

/cheers

Not necessary. Materials are all the same. I prefer evwraps for easy of application.

RPM and wet install: you should use a sprayer that mists on the water underneath and on top. That way you can float the vinyl into position. Yes there will be water bubbles underneath but they dissipate in a couple of days particularly if you don’t try to force the bubbles to the edge by pushing in the middle of s bubble.

RPm wraps are cut too long so you have to force the extra material out of the way underneath.

Each of the three panels took about 5-10 minutes but I admit some experience.

I've now installed 5 sets of center console wraps in 3 different cars in the following order:

1. RPM Tesla's matte wrap using wet install method: most expensive and I found it impossible to get rid of all air bubbles. The bubbles were very visible due to the wrap being a translucent clear wrap.
2. Kenriko matte black: I really liked it and it was easy to install.
3. Kenriko matte black: same as above, but replaced the RPM Tesla one in wifey's car.
4. Kenriko matte white wrap: this replaced the matte black in #2 above. Love the white color, which matches the seats and dash.
5. EV Wraps matte white: for my sister, who loved my white wrap. Unfortunately, Kenriko was sold out, so I decided to try the EV Wraps one. Turned out to be a great decision. Much easier to install and turned out better than my Kenriko installs. They use cut strips of backing, which makes it easier to handle and position correctly. The cupholder section uses a taped template (see their web site for video). Highly recommend.
Thank you for the helpful insight. I currently have the RPM Tesla center console wrap install but I'm not really satisfied with the fit. Especially around the cupholder area. Also there's an air bubble that won't go away. Based on your review, I'm thinking about replacing it with the EV Wrap one. Do you have any advice on the best method to remove the old wrap? Do I just peel and use alcohol to remove residue?

Reactions: Jimmy 1