Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Model 3 Center Console & Door Switch Wraps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I should have my Model 3 next Monday and have been busy researching necessary accessories. I've seen a few choices for Center Console Wraps..Abstract Ocean, RPM Tesla, Kenriko, and some others.
Are they really necessary, and if so, which are best? If going to match the dash, which most closely resembles it? If black, I guess it's preference.

I thought a must-have would be the Window and Door Switch wraps. I read they can help deter people from using the emergency handle. Recommendations on these would be great.

I want to pick up as much as I can. I have floor mats on the way and my Wall Connector arrived today.

/cheers

So no scratches on the center console pieces? That's my biggest fear.

Unless you are throwing your home keys in to the cup holders, you probably won't get huge, deep scratches. Putting cups from drive-thru, or water bottles in to the cup holders won't really scratch the console. People also get the interior warps to "cut down" on dust as some of the surfaces make it hard to see dust. Like I said, it's all personal preference. I'm not driving around in a show piece and with kids, you're bound to get scratches/dirt behind the front seats, crumbs in between the seats, sand and dirt in the rear foot wells.. At the end of the day, do what will make you happy. If you're deathly afraid of scratches on the real surface of the console, get a wrap. Just don't cringe when you get hit by gravel and rocks on the highway as it will leave gouges on your front bumper.. that is of course, you are getting it wrapped.

I purchased RPMs wood finish. I guess I’m alone here but I love Tesla’s wood finish and am adding the same look to the center. Just know that anything you order from RPM takes a while to get. Not sure why it takes so long.
I got that also and love it! RPM doesn't seem to be the best choice if you need instant gratification, but in this case it showed up before the car.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I got that also and love it! RPM doesn't seem to be the best choice if you need instant gratification, but in this case it showed up before the car.

I just got my car a couple of days ago but I'm not only sticking with the wood across the dash, I'm bringing it down over the console! Just need to decide between Abstract Ocean or RPM Tesla. Unfortunately for me I'm going out of town for a week and won't get to drive, but gives me a couple days to figure out what to order

I just wanted to share my experience with Abstract ocean center console wrap. Watched their instruction video where they make it appear it is so easy to do the install. False. If you are like me who want a perfect fit and do not want the piano black to show anywhere then you are going to be disappointed.

Their cut is such that it's not possible to wrap around the curved area of the cup holder section fit properly without making some compromises which will end up showing the piano black on some places.

After nearly struggling for 2 hours with just the cup holder section I finally gave up. If you redo the install a few times the material also starts stretching which they do not mention anywhere. Some people may not mind a few imperfections, if you are one of those then it may be for you. But if you want a perfect fit I can't recommend the AO center console wrap. Also, they do not accept returns which is a bummer.

• Informative
Reactions: kjyam98 and Jimmy 1
I've now installed 5 sets of center console wraps in 3 different cars in the following order:

1. RPM Tesla's matte wrap using wet install method: most expensive and I found it impossible to get rid of all air bubbles. The bubbles were very visible due to the wrap being a translucent clear wrap.
2. Kenriko matte black: I really liked it and it was easy to install.
3. Kenriko matte black: same as above, but replaced the RPM Tesla one in wifey's car.
4. Kenriko matte white wrap: this replaced the matte black in #2 above. Love the white color, which matches the seats and dash.
5. EV Wraps matte white: for my sister, who loved my white wrap. Unfortunately, Kenriko was sold out, so I decided to try the EV Wraps one. Turned out to be a great decision. Much easier to install and turned out better than my Kenriko installs. They use cut strips of backing, which makes it easier to handle and position correctly. The cupholder section uses a taped template (see their web site for video). Highly recommend.

Hi,
I should have my Model 3 next Monday and have been busy researching necessary accessories. I've seen a few choices for Center Console Wraps..Abstract Ocean, RPM Tesla, Kenriko, and some others.
Are they really necessary, and if so, which are best? If going to match the dash, which most closely resembles it? If black, I guess it's preference.

I thought a must-have would be the Window and Door Switch wraps. I read they can help deter people from using the emergency handle. Recommendations on these would be great.

I want to pick up as much as I can. I have floor mats on the way and my Wall Connector arrived today.

/cheers
The center console wrap is to help prevent fingerprints...nice but not necessary. The shop that did my ppf did the center console as well. If you’re getting PPF your shop will almost certainly to your console and tablet at no or very small extra charge.

It is helpful to mark the door switch though mine is in bright red and folks still miss it, lol. Windows not necessary...pretty standard for any car made in last 30 years.

It’s helpful to have the car before going too accessory crazy to avoid too many returns:)