TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Best Model X review made in Russia.

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Vitold, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Vitold

Vitold Member

#1 Vitold, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I think this is the most complete Model X review I've seen so far (autopilot performance in snow, falcon doors, third row visibility, trunk space):

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That video was filmed in the US, not in Russia. The narration appears to be in Russian (I don't speak Russian, I am guessing) and is overlaid with an English translation made by a Russian speaker. I am uncertain as to why the Moscow (Russia, not Idaho) Tesla Club would put their name on a video tour of an X filmed in the US and add narration in English on top of the Russian narration.

3. Vitold

Vitold Member

You're right. I was so looking at the car I did not pay attention to the surroundings. The tile should be 'best video review made by Russian' :redface:. From what he says in the video they are sending this car to Moscow.

4. ecarfan

Thanks for pointing that out. I only watched a few minutes of the video and didn't catch that. Now it makes more sense.

5. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

Jepp, this must be filmed at the Hamilton Supercharger: Google Maps

Easy because there are no Superchargers in Russia yet, and they would not have the "American" connector eather.

6. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Why not? This allows us to understand it ;). They said they are taking it to the port to bring it to Russia, I guess they wanted to make a video for their followers quickly.

7. ecarfan

As I pointed out upthread, I had only watched a few minutes of the video and didn't see the part where they said the car was being shipped to Russia. Below is my post made about an hour ago...
    --------------------------------------------
    Thanks for pointing that out. I only watched a few minutes of the video and didn't catch that. Now it makes more sense.
    ---------------------------------------------

8. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

Thanks for the review.

9. sladotron

sladotron Member

The configuration page for non EU orders (Russia, Turkey and Iceland) requires that you pickup your car in Tilburg, Netherlands and ship it to Russia on your own. How convenient is that? There is a store in Finland. Why can't people pick it up there?
    Also, if something goes wrong with the car and requires service, you have to ship the car back to netherlands. Thats insane! Finland is only a few hour drive from St-Petersburg which would be much more convenient in case the car breaks.
    Sounds like a step back in adoptation of electric vehicles to me. At least in Russia anyways.

10. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P85DL

Don't know about ordering but once you have the car you can get it serviced everywhere in Europe, so nearest service center in Finland should be no problem.

11. sladotron

sladotron Member

12. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

In Soviet Russia, car drives you!

Oh, wait... autopilot... hmmm, time for new jokes.

13. sladotron

sladotron Member

That's a good one :)