Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Model Y Cup Holder Accessory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noflash

Aug 11, 2020
Denver
Somehow there doesn't appear to be a MY thread dedicated to this.

I have the Abstract Ocean insert which worked fine for a few months. It has recently developed an annoying squeak over bumps.
1656168234235.png

On Amazon, I see several versions of this and several rubber/silicon inserts to choose from. I mostly use 20 oz Kleen Kanteens, which are a little on the narrow side, so I need something to sturdy them up.

For all Tesla's brilliance, the stock cup holders are so basic. I'm surprised there isn't a powered mechanical grip for your coffee cup. Anyway, what's your solution?

I've used a spring-loaded insert and also a silicone insert. The latter is a much better solution for my usage. It might lead to fit issues with some large cups or bottles - but I haven't encountered that. Less shaking of the cups/bottles in the holder; also a bit less noise. Easy to clean when needed.

Reactions: Noflash
I first got a plastic insert but don't use it because the bottles I like to use don't fit. These include the Tesla insulated water bottle, 17 ounce insulated water bottles, and a bottle for my dog. If you're in the US, I'd be glad to send it to you. But I don't think it will fit a 20 oz Kleen Kanteen. A 12 oz soda can is a very tight fit.

I've been using a Basenor insert like the one pictured for 6 months. Works great.

Reactions: Noflash