Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Best Model Y Cup Holder Accessory?

Somehow there doesn't appear to be a MY thread dedicated to this.

I have the Abstract Ocean insert which worked fine for a few months. It has recently developed an annoying squeak over bumps.
1656168234235.png

On Amazon, I see several versions of this and several rubber/silicon inserts to choose from. I mostly use 20 oz Kleen Kanteens, which are a little on the narrow side, so I need something to sturdy them up.

For all Tesla's brilliance, the stock cup holders are so basic. I'm surprised there isn't a powered mechanical grip for your coffee cup. Anyway, what's your solution?

I've used a spring-loaded insert and also a silicone insert. The latter is a much better solution for my usage. It might lead to fit issues with some large cups or bottles - but I haven't encountered that. Less shaking of the cups/bottles in the holder; also a bit less noise. Easy to clean when needed.

Reactions: Noflash
I first got a plastic insert but don't use it because the bottles I like to use don't fit. These include the Tesla insulated water bottle, 17 ounce insulated water bottles, and a bottle for my dog. If you're in the US, I'd be glad to send it to you. But I don't think it will fit a 20 oz Kleen Kanteen. A 12 oz soda can is a very tight fit.

I've been using a Basenor insert like the one pictured for 6 months. Works great.

Reactions: Noflash

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC