Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Model Y video to date!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dimensions of the GLC: 183.3” L x 74.4” W x 64.7” H
Dimensions of the Model Y: 187” L x 76” W x 64” H

It’s probably the angle, the perspective, and/or the shape of the Model Y’s nose, but doesn’t the GLC look wider than the Model Y from the front?

Also, those are really narrow parking stalls. I’d never park there. :)

• Informative
Reactions: israndy and bhzmark
I have a 2020 GLC that I bought for the missus. She loves it, and likes that it's not a big SUV, as she's only 93 lbs.

The GLC is really not that big of a SUV, and the Model Y looks even smaller in this video, and with a much more sloped roofline in the back, that will eat up a lot of storage that you would expect from a SUV.

I have a 2020 GLC that I bought for the missus. She loves it, and likes that it's not a big SUV, as she's only 93 lbs.

The GLC is really not that big of a SUV, and the Model Y looks even smaller in this video, and with a much more sloped roofline in the back, that will eat up a lot of storage that you would expect from a SUV.
The Y has a frunk and probably subfloor storage in the trunk as well.

Is that counting the frunk?

Most likely...the sloped back takes away a lot of space and utility. However, I am assuming it makes it much more aerodynamic.

No clue what she is saying, but it seems like she really like the look of the Y. Thats the color I would most likely go with but not sure on wheels yet. The black wheels to look nice though, just not sure if practical in the Northeast.

Looks like the fit and finish (of the MY) seems to be pretty good. No bad gaps or anything.
In the view of the glass roof, taken from behind the Y, where the hatch glass meets the roof glass, it looks like a misalignment on the left side. I'd take a screen shot, if I could be arsed! ;)

I only saw it on the third viewing. By then, I was concentrating on the car!

Last edited:
I wonder how the width of the greenhouse compared between the GLC and the Model Y. The Model Y is a wider car, but it's not clear the interior width for the passengers is wider. It looks like the Model Y has a lot of its width in the fenders and not the greenhouse.

In the view of the glass roof, taken from behind the Y, where the hatch glass meets the roof glass, it looks like a misalignment on the left side. I'd take a screen shot, if I could be arsed! ;)

I only saw it on the third viewing. By then, I was concentrating on the car!
image attached

Attachments

• yyyyyyy.jpg
    yyyyyyy.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 106
Did anyone notice the Driver front wheel center cap looks like it says Tesla across the center in white or silver and the rear driver side is the same color as the wheel with maybe a Tesla log? The video does not dip down enough to get a good view.