Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best model year for CPO model s p85d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry my question was if you put the $100 down and it was delivered to a local dealer, can you still deny the car if it has more issues than you like? Would you owe the $100 plus any transport fees?
You can always refuse the vehicle before you sign the final papers.

Back when they were taking $2500 “deposits” they were required by law to refund them (at least in some states) if you did not wind up purchasing the vehicle.

I am not sure if they have changed the language but they should refund you or, at the very least, roll it over to a mother vehicle for you.

Either way, I would highly advise against buying used from Tesla. My experience was worse than what you hear about your traditional sleazy car dealer.

Folks, i have more question. I kind of moved out of p85d and trying to select between 15 85D with Ap1 or 16 75D with FSD. From my reading it looks like there is not much difference in 75 vs 85 battery, which one you would recommend, there is about 4k difference in cars i am looking (75d is more expensive). thanks again!

Folks, i have more question. I kind of moved out of p85d and trying to select between 15 85D with Ap1 or 16 75D with FSD. From my reading it looks like there is not much difference in 75 vs 85 battery, which one you would recommend, there is about 4k difference in cars i am looking (75d is more expensive). thanks again!
IMHO, If the ‘16 75D has AP2 and FSD prepaid, that’s the one I’d go with for that price difference.

Reactions: 2101Guy and m335
Hi,

I’m also looking to buy a used P85D.

This is a great informative thread that has answered most of my questions, however there is a difference between personal experiences.

There’s a lot of discussions around Tesla updates reducing acceleration, charging capacity etc. My question is, like combustion engine cars where they can be mapped to increase performance and economy, can the same be done on Tesla’s to reverse these caps?

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m also looking to buy a used P85D.

This is a great informative thread that has answered most of my questions, however there is a difference between personal experiences.

There’s a lot of discussions around Tesla updates reducing acceleration, charging capacity etc. My question is, like combustion engine cars where they can be mapped to increase performance and economy, can the same be done on Tesla’s to reverse these caps?

Thanks.
Just fyi-After doing my research on p85d I am leaning towards new model PY. Main reason is that I cannot find any reliable information about replacement of these battery packs. It would cost 15k+ just got battery replacement. No other mechanic will even touch car. So you will be completely relying on Tesla and prices will be firm. Tesla is a tech company not traditional auto maker.. I also work in tech and it is assumed here that hardware gets absolute in few years and company makes money on people buying new one. Long run these cars are not going to be easy to keep up with.