Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
743A958F-8469-48CD-AFBF-5482775B9055.jpeg

I pushed mine out to the side a bit and added more of the 2 sided tape. so far feels very stable. only used one of the plastic push bolt things so I could position it where I wanted.

I just got the Tsolutions ones and installed them in the front so far. a little lower profile than the Rally Armor ones. If I didn't get these I would have gotten Rally Armor I think.

https://www.amazon.com/Tsolutions-Tesla-Model-Splash-Guards/dp/B07STZDXTS
Tesla Parts and Accessories - Products

i got this too and worked well. the driver's rear double sided tape is not sticking so there is a little gap but i am going to try to put more tape so it stays stuck. other than that, they are good for what they sell for!

I would also recommend the TSolutions flaps because I have them, but the EV Smart Parts flaps and Rally Armor ones were close second and third. The EV Smart Parts is well designed to protect the paint and has 3 different sizes of flaps to choose from. The Rally Armor is somewhat adjustable in how far it sticks out and the hardware is stainless steel.

Reactions: iSpine
All of them suck. Cheap ones are essentially single use and disintegrate when you attempt to remove them.
The ones that bolt into the liner are the worst, since the fender liner on Teslas is not securely mounted and will flap around.

The expensive ones (I have the RA ones) are not plug-n-play either, if you want them to mount securely. Those metal mounts bend easily and snow/rocks will accumulate behind them, if you don't modify them.

All of them need some PPF installed on top of paint to avoid damage.

I'd say go for a new set of cheap ebay/amazon Chinese flaps every year, making sure you protect the fenders with PPF. Those at least look good.

I would also recommend the TSolutions flaps because I have them, but the EV Smart Parts flaps and Rally Armor ones were close second and third. The EV Smart Parts is well designed to protect the paint and has 3 different sizes of flaps to choose from. The Rally Armor is somewhat adjustable in how far it sticks out and the hardware is stainless steel.

I meant to say EV mudflaps (evmudflaps.com) instead of EV Smart Parts in my response and can no longer edit it. Thanks blaferty.

All of them suck. Cheap ones are essentially single use and disintegrate when you attempt to remove them.
The ones that bolt into the liner are the worst, since the fender liner on Teslas is not securely mounted and will flap around.

The expensive ones (I have the RA ones) are not plug-n-play either, if you want them to mount securely. Those metal mounts bend easily and snow/rocks will accumulate behind them, if you don't modify them.

All of them need some PPF installed on top of paint to avoid damage.

I'd say go for a new set of cheap ebay/amazon Chinese flaps every year, making sure you protect the fenders with PPF. Those at least look good.

The reason I didn't go for the Rally Armor ones was because they are very expensive and I don't like how they mount. But the TSolutions flaps and EV mud flaps by Antirouille Bolduc will not flap about our damage your paint. The Antiroille flaps are well thought out and includes PPF to place where it could rub on the paint. The TSolutions flaps bond to the fender edge with a strip of double sided tape and will also not flap about and damage paint.

As far as aesthetics, I really liked the Basenor mud flaps that I used for a year. I rubbed some soft candle wax under them so they would not scratch the paint and it worked. I took them off a year later and the wax was still under there. The flaps still looked good. If say the Tesla OEM mud flaps are the ugliest design.

I meant to say EV mudflaps (evmudflaps.com) instead of EV Smart Parts in my response and can no longer edit it. Thanks blaferty.

The reason I didn't go for the Rally Armor ones was because they are very expensive and I don't like how they mount. But the TSolutions flaps and EV mud flaps by Antirouille Bolduc will not flap about our damage your paint. The Antiroille flaps are well thought out and includes PPF to place where it could rub on the paint. The TSolutions flaps bond to the fender edge with a strip of double sided tape and will also not flap about and damage paint.

As far as aesthetics, I really liked the Basenor mud flaps that I used for a year. I rubbed some soft candle wax under them so they would not scratch the paint and it worked. I took them off a year later and the wax was still under there. The flaps still looked good. If say the Tesla OEM mud flaps are the ugliest design.

Do the Basenor require drilling? I see conflicting reports on Amazon.

Do the Basenor require drilling? I see conflicting reports on Amazon.

The early versions required drilling one hole for each front flap (into the plastic fender liner). That was the version I had. The screw that was provided rusted pretty quickly. The newer versions of the Basenor don't have the screws anymore and they just clip into the fender like the rear flaps. The Basenor flaps are the same as most of the flaps out there that are all Chinese clones. The negative part about them is that they touch your paint and might damage it, as well as that they trap sand and gunk behind them.

How has your experience been with them? Install ok?
Install was really easy. Easier than I expected actually.

I'm very happy with how they look. And I like that the long flappy part is optional. Nice to have it as an option when you really need it, but I wouldn't want to drive with the long flappy part everyday because I think it does not fit in with the cars sleek aerodynamic look.

My only real complaint is that the top portion is not 100% secure. The bottom attaches directly to the frame of the car and is very secure. But the top attaches to the wheel well liner and has more wiggle than I would like. It doesn't cause any real problem it just doesn't feel as premium as it seems like it should.

My other complaint is that the packaging is just a plain brown box without any Tesla branding. If the word Tesla was written on the box at all it was less prominent than the name and address of the Chinese company that Tesla hired to produce the part. It's not really a problem it just gives you an impression the Tesla didn't really take pride in this accessory. Especially compared to the key fob that comes in a box that looks like it costs as much as the key fob itself.

Reactions: CompanyNameFSD
Can someone that has the Rally Armor comment on how they attach? I like that they have a metal bracket to mount the mud flap where they want them to go. What I do not understand from the instructions is how the bracket mounts to the car. It seems like they are just held in place by the tension in the bent metal plus the two screws at the bottom. That doesn't seem like it would be enough not that I would really know. What am I missing?

Reactions: Mr.Chipperson