Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are the TSolutions at keeping water off the side of the car?

I live just outside of Vancouver, so my main concern is rain instead of salt/snow. Looking for something to help keep the side of the car cleaner. The Tsolutions are $80 CDN shipped to me, which is a lot to spend on mud flaps if they don't do anything in my climate.

I live just outside of Vancouver, so my main concern is rain instead of salt/snow. Looking for something to help keep the side of the car cleaner. The Tsolutions are $80 CDN shipped to me, which is a lot to spend on mud flaps if they don't do anything in my climate.
Not sure how well the TSolutions keep water off the side of the car because I don't really pay attention to that, but I would recommend that you get these instead EV Mudflaps par Antirouille Bolduc because they are really well though-out, come with PPF to protect your paint, and they have free shipping throughout Canada. They offer 2 sizes (used to be 3) and there's a nice install video.

Reactions: clerks

the chinese mudflaps look really good and do a very good job at keeping the sides of the car clear. i got no issue. plus they are cheap.
its one of the few exceptions were the copy is much better than the original.

I don't have the TSolutions flaps, but I can report that the Rally Armor flaps are exceptionally good at keeping tire spray off of the side of the car.

I've put flaps on every car I've owned over the last thirty years, as my state salts the roads, and the Rally Armor flaps I have on our Model 3 have performed the best of any I've ever owned.

Reactions: Catman20009
Another vote for evmudflaps.com

I used these this winter in Southern Ontario and they worked great. Only complaint is I wish they were cheaper.

I first tried the Tesla flaps with the extensions, they started to sag quickly and mud/sand/salt starts to build up behind the flaps. They also scrape on the ground often. I also tried the eBay ones but IMO they don't extend low enough (for local road conditions)

I recently removed just my rear TSolutions flaps because once someone on this sub-forum told me they sat slightly crooked I couldn't unsee that anymore 😅. Also, I only care about protecting my rocker panels from rust and the rear flaps only protect the plastic rear bumper (which I don't care about).

I still like the front flaps and plan on keeping them, but recently noticed that the adhesive strip on the driver side front came loose. So I will have to re-attach it this weekend using the same 3m roll that I bought last year to re-attach one of the rear flaps.

I'm looking for a recommendation. I currently have Basenor-type mud flaps, but they will no longer fit once I install the ground effects kit I'm purchasing. So I need the flat kind, sort of like the Rally Armor ones. But I'm having a hard time finding ones I like. The Rally Armor ones are close, but I wish they didn't have the logo on them (and they are really expensive). If possible, I'd even like ones that come in glossy (real) carbon fiber to match the ground effects kit I'm getting, but plain black will also do. I also like the coverage the Rally Armor ones provide. By comparison, all other flaps seem pretty minuscule in size.

Has anyone come across any flaps that might match that description? I checked Google, Amazon, this forum, but I'm sure I'm missing some.

Thanks!

I bought a generic Rally Armor UR flaps to make a summer set (using the same brackets) that's not as huge as my main RA flaps. Anyone aware of a free template for modestly-sized Tesla flaps somewhere?
I don't know if you get as much stuff from amazon as I do but I have piles and piles and piles of cardboard boxes laying around. Take a pair of scissors and a couple boxes in the garage and make on up.

I'm looking for a recommendation. I currently have Basenor-type mud flaps, but they will no longer fit once I install the ground effects kit I'm purchasing. So I need the flat kind, sort of like the Rally Armor ones. But I'm having a hard time finding ones I like. The Rally Armor ones are close, but I wish they didn't have the logo on them (and they are really expensive). If possible, I'd even like ones that come in glossy (real) carbon fiber to match the ground effects kit I'm getting, but plain black will also do. I also like the coverage the Rally Armor ones provide. By comparison, all other flaps seem pretty minuscule in size.

Has anyone come across any flaps that might match that description? I checked Google, Amazon, this forum, but I'm sure I'm missing some.

Thanks!
These are the only ones I can think of that somewhat match what you want, but they are not large and still somewhat expensive Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Splash Guards — Protect My Tesla

I second sroy's suggestion that you get the RallyArmor flaps along with a second set of their universal basic mud flaps and use those on the mounting hardware. What I would do instead is figure out how to get rid of the dark grey Rally Armor on the included mud flaps instead. You might be able to use fine sandpaper to rub it off.

I recently removed just my rear TSolutions flaps because once someone on this sub-forum told me they sat slightly crooked I couldn't unsee that anymore 😅. Also, I only care about protecting my rocker panels from rust and the rear flaps only protect the plastic rear bumper (which I don't care about).

I still like the front flaps and plan on keeping them, but recently noticed that the adhesive strip on the driver side front came loose. So I will have to re-attach it this weekend using the same 3m roll that I bought last year to re-attach one of the rear flaps.
My rear came unattached and I took them off too. They were definitely angled when looking from behind. Fronts are working well.

Bump for any feedback on EV mudflaps? They look like best design since no worry about paint rub…? Also like the profile look - looks like best protection here in Alaska with “north” edition. Although obviously expensive 146 bucks to my door