Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best mud flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump for any feedback on EV mudflaps? They look like best design since no worry about paint rub…? Also like the profile look - looks like best protection here in Alaska with “north” edition. Although obviously expensive 146 bucks to my door
I haven't tried the EVmudflaps.com ones, but I would recommend them because they look like the best thought-out ones to me. I've tried the generic Chinese ones (same as the Abstract Ocean), the T-Solutions, and an currently on the Rally Armor.

IMO the generic Chinese ones look the best, but could possibly rub through the paint eventually. I used them for one year but rubbed candle wax behind them first. When I took them off the wax was still there, so you can do the same or apply PPF. The two screws used to mount the top of the front flaps rusted right away (good idea to replace them with stainless steel ones).

I liked the T-Solutions ones at first, but had to re-attach a few of their top edges because their double-sided adhesive came off. The rear flaps use a stainless steel clip that holds them on the bottom and puts a bend on them that doesn't always look the best. The rear flaps also sit crooked. I ended up taking the rears off early this year and just used the fronts until last month (I mostly care about protecting the metal rocker panels and fenders from rust, don't care about the plastic rear bumper).

Last month I installed the Rally Armor flaps. They took some work to install (but I also painted the stainless steel hardware black to blend in with the flaps). I like that the flaps are sturdy and flexible. But I do not like how they sit on the car (especially the rears). I modified how I mounted them a little because I didn't like all the layers of adhesive foam one has to install to keep the stainless steel mounting brackets from rubbing on the car's panels. It is nice that one can adjust how far they stick out from the car.

If I could start all over again, I'd get the EVmudflaps first. The only reason I didn't want to try them first was because I was intimidated installing the PPF strips that they come with. Otherwise I would just stick with the generic Chinese flaps and upgrade the screws and install PPF where they touch.

I've been using the TSolutions mudflaps for about 6 months now on my 2018 M3 and overall they're not bad. The price is about double the Chinese import ones though half of EVmudflaps or rally armor. Installation is simple though I wished more VHB was included in case the flaps came off. They do make contact with the front of the rear bumper and rocker where there is no vhb so if that bothers you added some ppf or foam tape (though recently I popped the fronts off and checked and don't see any more damaged than what was already there). The material is a stiff plastic board and doesn't have much give so often when you drive over areas with low ground clearance you hear a scraping sound from either the fronts or the rears. The rear flaps do canted inward which to some may look annoying. I added some plastic washers to space out the metal bracket and bent it slightly more so it hooks in better. When installing the rears make sure to clean the surface of the painted rear bumper well. I made the mistake of just doing one quick wipe with an alcohol towelette and my driver side rear came off. Overall its a 5/10 product. It does the job fine and mitigates filth and debris from damage the rocker or splashing on the side of the car. The weakest link of this set is definitely the rear mud flaps. The mounting solution is not great on the back and they do look a bit off. I'll likely replace the rears with a pair of cheap ones from amazon if they come off.

I like how the Abstract Ocean/RPM Tesla mud flaps look/fit on the car, but concerned about how the side sits on top of the paint. Has anyone that uses these, noticed any damage or scuffing to the paint when removed?

Last edited:
I like how the Abstract Ocean/RPM Tesla mud flaps look/fit on the car, but concerned about how the side sits on top of the paint. Has anyone that uses these, noticed any damage or scuffing to the paint when removed?

all flaps will create some rub in one way or another. if you are that concered just buy some felttape and apply it to the flaps.
That doesnt prevent dirt from getting inside and rub - but that should be just polishable if it comes to that.

Reactions: NQRDDS
all flaps will create some rub in one way or another. if you are that concered just buy some felttape and apply it to the flaps.
That doesnt prevent dirt from getting inside and rub - but that should be just polishable if it comes to that.
Thanks, I thought that might be the case. The alternative was the evmudflaps design that doesn't wrap around the side of the car, but for a hefty price of $125 for the set, don't think it's worth it for me.

Yes, they do rub the clearcoat/paint. Had mine on for almost a year and took them off to check, the fronts made a nice mark through the clear where the flaps where in contact with the paint. ultimately removed front and backs and put PPF on fenders, doors and the area of the rear bumper behind the tires. Thought about putting the flaps back on after the PPF, but the car looks so much cleaner w/o them.

Reactions: TBrownTX and NQRDDS
Yes, they do rub the clearcoat/paint. Had mine on for almost a year and took them off to check, the fronts made a nice mark through the clear where the flaps where in contact with the paint. ultimately removed front and backs and put PPF on fenders, doors and the area of the rear bumper behind the tires. Thought about putting the flaps back on after the PPF, but the car looks so much cleaner w/o them.
Thanks for your input! That's what I was afraid of. I ended up ordering a set along with some foam tape to see if it would offer protection against scuffing on the paint. If it doesn't work out I'll just go without mud flaps

Does anyone have experience installing Mud flaps on the M3P? I see basic plastic products available on amazon, but i’m wondering if these will really help/ make a different in preventing rocks and other items from hitting off the car?

I personally think the mud flaps detract from the look, but will deal with that if people notice an improvement by adding them.

Thanks for the help

I have the Tesla small mud flaps on my M3P. The small ones are nicely integrated and match the curve that is in front of the rear tire. Very easy to install, you do not need to remove the wheel. I can tell they are working just by seeing the amount of stuff collecting on them when I drive in bad weather.

Reactions: CT_M3P
I have the Tesla small mud flaps on my M3P. The small ones are nicely integrated and match the curve that is in front of the rear tire. Very easy to install, you do not need to remove the wheel. I can tell they are working just by seeing the amount of stuff collecting on them when I drive in bad weather.
Thank you, this is helpful. Definitely leaning toward putting them on at this point.

Reactions: Arthur31