Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best NJ Insurance Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3 (LR AWD) this week, don't have a VIN yet but thought I'd call GEICO (my current carrier) and get a quote.

They want to charge me 150% more for the M3 than my 2016 Mazda. Now, I get there'd be some premium -- but going from $100 a month to $250 a month seems excessive.

Anyone have an NJ carrier that they like? Got an online quote from Amica that's about one-third less than GEICO, or roughly $175 a month. Still seems high, but maybe I'm wrong.

I pay every six months, but my model 3 comes out to less than $100/mo if you do the math.

I have allstate with full coverage (250/500 + collision + comprehensive).

That definitely sounds more like it ... for that level of coverage,I was quoted the monthly equivalent of $250 by Geico, $187 by Ameriprise, $175 by Amica and $107 by Progressive. Did not try Allstate but I will now, thanks for the tip!

There are more factors that play into insurance cost. Where the car is domiciled, ergo a Newark residence will cost more than Mendham. Primary driver age and driving record, even financial status can affect rates. Having a loan vs owning the car outright. Who else in your household drives, meaning two teenagers living at home will affect rating/cost even if they never set foot behind Tesla steering wheel. I get the feeling auto insurance is somewhat like no two people on an airline flight paid the same price for same exact seat.

Reactions: thisisdiddy
Is there a good and decent online price quoter/aggregator/thinger-mah-bober to check multiple companies that anyone recommends? Or is everyone going on the insurer's websites individually and/or calling them to get price quotes?

I have NJM currently with my Ford getting $130/month but now's a good time as ever to see if I can get better for my MY LR.

NJM opened it up for anyone recently

NJM - Join the NJM Family
After insuring with NJM for many many years, this new OPEN for all insurance method has raised the rates beyond normal... last year a near 10% increase with no explanation from them for our Tesla... beware NJM is NOT what it once was to NJ insurance customers with usual 1-2% annual change of rate.

Shop around is the best plan. NJM is not the NJ best any more for every case.

Reactions: Jeepxj