Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best NSW e-tag mounting location for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've traditionally mounted my e-tags on the windscreen but I wanted to check in with others whether there are better mounting options?

Can I leave it in storage under the arm rest and it still beep reliably?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Reactions: Rudra
I have mine (the RTA one) mounted vertically just to the left of the camera assembly at top centre of the windscreen. Works perfectly and I can’t see it while driving. Actually you can just see it if you zoom up my car in my profile picture that accompanies this post.

if you don’t like the look of the white plastic thing when looking into the car through the windscreen then you won’t like that location, but I don’t care and I have a couple of permits (parking, etc) stuck on the windscreen anyway which are rather more visible.

Reactions: Maximillan
I have mine (the RTA one) mounted vertically just to the left of the camera assembly at top centre of the windscreen. Works perfectly and I can’t see it while driving. Actually you can just see it if you zoom up my car in my profile picture that accompanies this post.

if you don’t like the look of the white plastic thing when looking into the car through the windscreen then you won’t like that location, but I don’t care and I have a couple of permits (parking, etc) stuck on the windscreen anyway which are rather more visible.
Me too. Works well. Can’t see it from my driving position.

I've traditionally mounted my e-tags on the windscreen but I wanted to check in with others whether there are better mounting options?

Can I leave it in storage under the arm rest and it still beep reliably?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.
In case you haven't seen it already, the Owner's Manual on page 174 (the "Using RFID Transponders" section), suggests to mount on the passenger side of the mirror.

• Informative
Check out the youtube video posted by Wonk, looks like an expensive exercise but it seems that the armrest works

I normally just hold mine in my hand when going through the tunnels, with no issues to report so far.
I've been coping the 55 cent fee since I rarely use Tolls luckily but I am going to try that solution now, actually using some tomorrow so will report back how that armrest solution goes. I believe I am on the M1, then M2 then Northconnex so should be a good test maybe.

Reactions: Maximillan and 1001