Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Online Aftermarket Tesla Store?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RPMTesla.com has been great for me. Good Communication and excellent customer service.
I tried them. I would avoid this place. Horrible communication. Parts can be out of stock even though they say in stock and they will not communicate that until weeks go by and not shipped. Their shipping is slow as can be. We will not be shopping here any longer. I have heard many people rave about Tesmanian. We will try them next.

It really comes down to, there are some very ingenious people and companies out there. Some of them are in China, with that is the simple problem of the quality of the customer service. The products are usually fine with people talking about them here. I have yet to find a one-stop-shop, or you can use amazon, but buying direct is usually cheaper.

Reactions: Corndart
China is good if you can wait on the shipping time and gamble on if it'll show up. Also, Tesla has cracked down on the aftermarket stores for using their logos and brand name, which is why you won't find many reputable sellers stocking things like replacement badges with the Tesla logo.

Hoping someday that Tesla has officially licensed accessories where 3rd parties could sell stuff like this again without legal issues.

I go right to the source....aliexpress or amazon. Actually my recent orders have been on amazon. Usually pricing on aliexpress is cheaper and then you have to wait 5-6 weeks, but amazon's pricing has been the same recently (and then you get 2-3 day shipping). You can usually find the exact same sellers from aliexpress on amazon. If not the seller, the exact same product.

People don't realize that amazon is seriously 90% aliexpress products now. Its just aliexpress sellers that have already shipped their products to an amazon warehouse instead of shipping direct from china.

People also don't realize....that nearly every "aftermarket" site like abstract ocean, rpmtesla, etc, is really just getting all of their products straight from china as well. They buy bulk so can often get their own name on the packaging, but its still all the same. Dont' let their website marketing fool you.....their screen protectors or noise sealing rubber isn't special in any way. Its just aliexpress stuff. I've bought from both and the markup those sites do is awful! Just go to the source. It makes sense once you think about it....there is no way these small sites are "making their own" screen protectors and other accessories...they are just resellers.

Sometimes I've bought things from China with free shipping and the shipping (actually from China) has to have cost more than the product

I think it's a plot to get all out names and addresses for when they . . .

hang on a minute let me go and see who's knocking on the d

Ordered a lot from RPMTelsa, I was sent the wrong order once, which they promptly corrected. I ordered something which they reached out to me on and told me it wouldn't fit my year Model Y, so they changed my order to the one that would fit. So, they saved me the hassle of ordering the wrong item. They've always been very responsive by email and/or through their chat,

You can definitely get items cheaper going through AliExpress, but you really need to search through the site to find decent quality (etc). Always expect a 2-3 month shipping time (was around 1 mo, but with all the shipping problems lately, it's 2-3+ months now).

As someone else mentioned, most sites by in bulk from sellers on Alibaba, then have stock locally, so you can get it faster (well, some like RPM do this). So, usually, going to sites that buy in bulk and have stock, is easier and faster, but you'll pay a premium for that. Also, for the most part, they've gone through samples and only buy in bulk from places that have better quality.

I tried them. I would avoid this place. Horrible communication. Parts can be out of stock even though they say in stock and they will not communicate that until weeks go by and not shipped. Their shipping is slow as can be. We will not be shopping here any longer. I have heard many people rave about Tesmanian. We will try them next.

I went with Tesmanian. Heres what I ordered. Plus, last night the key fob came back in stock, so I ordered that too. I also ordered pucks and a arm rest pad off Amazon.
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.10.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.12.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.12.30 AM.png

Reactions: goin2drt
Amazon for a lot of the more inexpensive items that don't require installation but for things where customer service matters, Abstract Ocean and Tesmanian have been great, particularly Abstract Ocean. I ordered a monitor swivel mount from them where after I placed the order had some concerns about wire harness strain and they promptly answered my questions and concerns. They have a full refund policy including shipping. Even after installation when I found a bit of play with the mount, they helped address the issue and are sending me a replacement piece that I accidently cracked - for free! Can't beat that kind of CS.

Reactions: headhz
I've been happy with RPM Tesla and have ordered several things from them. I have heard good things about Abstract Ocean also but haven't ordered from them yet. I ordered a couple of things from Tesla.com directly. And I've ordered a couple of things from Amazon (make sure the item specifies your Model and year). But for the most part, I have just been ordering directly from the manufacturer (EVmudflaps, Rimetrix, McGard) because I want to make sure that I get the real thing and not a knock-off.

The only bad experience I've had so far was with S3XY. I would avoid S3XY because they just resell Amazon with a significant markup -- I ordered the canards from them for $120; arrived in an Amazon box with an Amazon receipt for $49. Plus S3XY sent me the wrong item anyway, but after a couple of tries I was able to get it returned and a free UPS shipping label.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Rpm Tesla and jeda are slow as hell. You can find most everything rpm Tesla has on eBay or ali express for half of their price. I did buy rpm Tesla's carbon fiber spoiler and have been happy with it.
I've had the best experiences with abstract ocean and temai as far as speed and customer service. Amazon always works too.

Reactions: EVFav
RPM Tesla is horrendous. Delayed shipping - ships wrong items - I can't tell you how many times they shipped me the wrong stuff. Be very careful with them. I like abstract ocean BUT they don't have a large selection any longer given Tesla having them pull a lot of items. Amazon works - its all the same Chinese trash anyway. Know that.