TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

best phone number about model 3 delivery

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Rajanm1, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Have tried 3 times to phone tesla today on 01628450604 but the calls have all gone on over 1 hour and Tesla just hang up on the other end without answering.
    Using the weq4u app which means that thankfully I'm not wasting my minutes on the call to them but anyone had any luck with another phone number?
    Was getting through to them fine the previous few weeks so just assume there's limited staff in today for some reason?

2. Electric Dream

It's delivery week, so not surprising really. You could try 01628 450606 as well, but it probably is just another line into the same call centre.
    FYI some have been holding for 2 hours and just get cut off.
    The delivery email address now just sends out an automated response.
    There is a chat facility in Tesla support but they won't answer delivery questions and just refer to the email address.
    If you had a text at any time you could try replying to that.

3. LEE3

LEE3 Member

What does the query relate to?

4. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

IIRC 604 is sales and 606 is delivery, but I'm basing that more on the messages you get from the IVR.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they ended up in the same switchboard.

5. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Delivery of my model 3...they said they were going to update my final invoice for the changes I made 3 weeks ago and it's still not been done.

6. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

Never heard of that but based on what happens at other end it sounds like they're likely just cutting you off because of it... WeQ4U : talesfromcallcenters - Just get used to the soothing telsa hold music..

7. Yev000

Yev000 Member

118 118 and ask where your tesla is.

They probably know more than tesla does.

• Funny x 4
  8. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Call sales ask them a question specific to your account such as a payment and then ask them if they can see if they can see on the system what the delivery situation is. Worked for me.

• Informative x 1
  9. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Tried 606 and they hung up as well before the call was connected.... great customer service :s
    Hope it's not this bad if I ever have any issues which need resolving after have delivery!

10. CMc1

CMc1 Member

We
    WEQ4U worked for me last week. 3 hours later...

11. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Because of so many calls like this, the Tesla team just can't afford the time to answer the calls. When your car is ready, you will get notified, the systems will be put in place for payment and you will have a few days to pickup the car.

If you are able to get through to them, I suspect that you will spend all your time explaining your situation and get a "I don't know response"

Leave them alone, they will reach out to you.

They are trying to give great customer service, but answering the phone and saying "I don't know" when they honestly don't know is a waste of everyone's time.

CHILL Your time will come.

• Disagree x 4
  12. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

He's trying to get his invoice fixed. That's not the kind of thing that you can just 'chill and wait'.. if it's incorrect he can't pay for his car.

Many people call for updates because they have lives and can't be waiting indefinitely (3.5 months so far for me) for a car to appear out of the blue with no warning. Tesla cause this problem by not keeping people updated. If I hadn't called I'd have booked my annual holiday right in the middle of the estimated delivery week - which tesla didn't give me until I chased them for it.

Tesla need to staff the phone lines properly. Or maybe respond to emails, which would mean people wouldn't have to call in the first place.

• Like x 5
  13. Electric Dream

I think you may not appreciate that a lot of people here put down their deposits 3 1/2 years ago and are seeing cars of the same specification being delivered to other people who didn't even make a reservation at all.

When you see that happening, yet are not being given an idea of when you might get your car, or worse you are given a date and then it's taken away from you without explanation, I think it's understandable people are getting pretty pissed with Tesla right now.

All we have been asking for is to make the delivery process transparent and fair. That's all.

Being told to "chill" and just wait for your turn is pretty insulting TBH.
    As is not replying to texts, emails and not answering phone calls.

• Like x 4
  14. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK P plates

15. RjbT3

RjbT3 Member

#15 RjbT3, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    What I want to know is how are you supposed to know they haven't just forgotten about your order? You hear absolutely nothing for weeks on end and get messages asking for stuff you've already supplied. How are you supposed to know your order isn't flagged (incorrectly) as not ready for delivery, or similar? If you just chill and wait, you could end up waiting for months, particularly if you've ordered a rare spec (one that is no longer available to build or a towbar addition). A vehicle matching your configuration could come and go without you knowing.

All your Manage Page on the Tesla site says is "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." Even that isn't correct. It doesn't take that long to draft your contract up. The site doesn't even say, "we are shipping 1000s of vehicles to the UK and waiting to assign a build match to your order". No information for weeks on end makes you think there is something wrong, particularly when others who ordered later are getting vehicles. I am lucky enough not to need mine for a while, but people do not usually order a car when they don't need one!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add the only two landline numbers I have... +44 (0)1628 450 606 / 604

• Like x 2
  16. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

Have tried the 604 and 606 numbers 5 or 6 times today and every time it has cut off without getting answered!
    Now I know why so many people get frustrated with Tesla and cancel their orders but ironically also have the same problem when trying to get their deposit back!

17. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I was a Day 1, in line at store reservation. So while not quite the same time that you have had, all the other exact same situation. Don't forget that the UK isn't the first for this to occur for. Read back Feb-June last year and you'll see the EXACT SAME POSTS.

I've been there, done that. Saw the web site bring me to a 1-2 month window and then get a phone call on Friday with the opportunity to pick up on Saturday.

During this period, and even still today, the Delivery Center just don't answer their phones, especially near the end of the quarter. I'v I've seen this 5 quarters in a row.

So again, you can worry your butts off, It's not going to do any good.

Chill!

18. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

When the car is ready, they will get the invoice corrected.
    3. 5 months of wait? ROTFL, that makes you an impulse buyer. I waited 2 years and other UK folks waited 3.

All I can tell you is what Tesla has done to hundreds of thousands of buyers before you. You order, you wait, you then get notification at the most unexpected time that you need to pick up your car in the next day or two. Complain about the process as much as you want, hasn't done the US folks any good.

19. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK P plates

Yea, anyone whinging about the delay to their car only has themselves to blame by not reading all the 643150 (and counting) posts that would have told them it would be a frustrating wait ;)

I asked the chap in the Tesla showroom instead and made my plans based on that. More fool me.

• Funny x 1