Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place for Tesla wrapping near Montreal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I’m currently living in Montreal and I’m looking for the best places to get my Model 3 wrapped near Montreal. I’m still unsure which kind of wrap I want to do and I’m not sure is wrap quality is a thing, but if it is, feel free to explain to me the differences between the most popular ones! I have two plans in mind; here they are

1. I wrap the model 3 to completely change the style of it. For now, I have the Deep Blue Metallic exterior and the 19″ Sports Wheels. My first plan would be to wrap in all in a mate blue finish, tint the windows (probably using ceramic window tint) and powder coat the wheels in black, just like in the pictures below.

2. I only wrap the model 3 using a protective film (probably something like PPF? I heard it is pretty good?) and tint the windows as well.

As you can see, there are a couple of things I want to get done but I want them to be done properly. Do you know where could I do all of those things? How much would it be based on the two plans I have in mind?

Feel free to enlighten me in what’s best for the car and where I should do it in order to make sure that it is done by professionals.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Model3WrappedFront.PNG
    Model3WrappedFront.PNG
    785.9 KB · Views: 771
  • Model3WrappedBack.PNG
    Model3WrappedBack.PNG
    740.7 KB · Views: 577
I'd do PPF as it offers more protection from everything life has to throw at the car.

If you're okay with less protection and want different look/colour. Vinyl is okay.

Different process and skillset for each wrap material. I'd ask for pictures/videos of previous model 3's done by the shop/technician as a portfolio.

Also, asking here is a good start :)

Reactions: Goodtohave
Hi there,

I do PPF here in Montreal and have a Model 3...

I also do window tinting.

PPF as mentioned is clear 8 mil thick and protects from chips etc

Vinyl is thin about .5 mil and is only to change the colour, looks great if done properly but it only temporary, if you leave it longer then a few years it is a nightmare to remove.

A friend I do PPF with does vinyl work from chrome delete to full wraps.

Here is his website, it also has my PPF info

Thanks!

Suntek Paint Protection Film

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I did my satin PPF and window tinting at Topwrap in Ville St-Laurent/Dorval area, and I am really satisfied with the result.

Like others said, I choose the PPF because of its durability and also, since I have already paid an extra for my color blue, I do not see the point of covering it with another vynil color: in this case, choose the non extra color for your car (was black, now it is white).

Here are some photos of my car, just after the satin PPF was done (with chrome delete and debadging).
20181124_151251.jpg
20181124_151251.jpg
20181124_150804.jpg
20181124_151306.jpg
20181124_151418.jpg

looks nice, how much you pay for this job?
Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, I am not here often now.

I was the first one to get a satin ppf on a model 3, so, as a guinea pig, I got a better price than others.

They are competitive as the others price wise and offer the whole spectrum of services (that is why I chose them): PPF, ceramic coating, chrome delete, window tinting, etc...

Call them and ask Kane to give you all the information you need.

I did my satin PPF and window tinting at Topwrap in Ville St-Laurent/Dorval area, and I am really satisfied with the result.

Like others said, I choose the PPF because of its durability and also, since I have already paid an extra for my color blue, I do not see the point of covering it with another vynil color: in this case, choose the non extra color for your car (was black, now it is white).

Here are some photos of my car, just after the satin PPF was done (with chrome delete and debadging).View attachment 460449 View attachment 460449 View attachment 460451 View attachment 460452 View attachment 460453

Your car look insane! Thank you very much for the reply! I feel like I might go with this option! Didn’t even know Satin POF was a thing!

I have done many full ppf on model 3’s

Be happy to do it in matte

Give me a call we can discuss

Here is my PPF pricing ...not my website is my partners who does Ceramic Pro and detailing, he does my prep before I apply PPF, you can’t do a good job unless the paint is corrected first.

Suntek Paint Protection Film

Hi I’d be interested in having a matte black PPF done, but I have a 2018 Model 3 and have some issues with the paint on the rockers, bottom of the doors and in front of the back tires. Also my front bumper obviously has some dents from small rocks. Is it still possible to prepare these surfaces and have a wrap done? Or would you suggest just repainting?

upload_2020-5-2_12-9-41.jpeg