TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Best place for Xpel and Tint

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by PlugNPlay85, Jul 14, 2016.

1. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Hey guys,

Where do you folks recommend having Xpel installed? Looking for a really good installer as I can be very picky... Looking to do the front of my MS.

Those of you with Xpel, how do you like it so far?

Also, looking to do Ceramic tint, where and what do you guys recommend?

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Jun's Tinting...I think Spleen posted in the Model X thread about it. He'll come to your house and do the work in the garage so you don't have to worry about driving during the curing process. He did a great job on my MS - full front end, rocker panels, door handles, side mirrors, and door edges. He'll also do tint.

FYI. There are only a few people who are certified for Xpel. He works on JN's exotic cars tints and wraps so they asked him to get certified.

Highly recommend him (Peter)!

3. noservice2001

noservice2001 Member

Automotive Emporium offers ClearGuard Nano which is better than xpel... I myself am deciding to wrap or not... Leaning towards no wrap though

4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Just curious why you find ClearGuard Nano is better than Xpel ultimate? What qualities are better? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wrap my X when it comes in, and what product/installer to use.

5. noservice2001

noservice2001 Member

Call Robert at 808.954.1600 for complete explanation but apparently xpel turns orange after some time and peels... either that or it peels like an orange.... Or looks like an orange peel when applied....

He also does xpel if you're really set on it, it's cheaper than cgn!

But CGN is the clearest

6. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Interesting - I'm sure I can google and find some examples! I would think the warranty could cover such peeling, etc., but I'm sure the installer doesn't want to deal with the hassle of a warranty claim as the manufacturer will probably lowball the labor reimbursement on the warranty.

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

The latest buzz here on TMC is that CGN is even glossier than Xpel. For me, I went with the installer that I thought would do a better job for me - I've used Robert before as well and have nothing bad to say about the experience but really loved working with Peter.

• Like x 2
  8. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Thank you for the recommendation Nanimac, He will be here tomorrow morning to Xpel the hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors. Looking forward to the final product.

• Like x 1
  9. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

@spleen Did you have Peter put XPel on your seat backs too in your X? Was it worth it?

10. spleen

spleen Active Member

I have small kids who like swinging their feet so yes, I think it was worth it. I also prefer the matte look of the Xpel Stealth to the glossy seat backs so that also worked in my favor.