Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place/price in LA for full body color change wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr X

Jan 18, 2013
1 AU
Looking to get my 3 wrapped a really nice color

Got a quote from Wrap Bully's and 316 Auto Salon. $2600 and $2400

Anyone that has got their car wrapped in LA... where's the best place you got it done at?

Looking to get my 3 wrapped a really nice color

Got a quote from Wrap Bully's and 316 Auto Salon. $2600 and $2400

Anyone that has got their car wrapped in LA... where's the best place you got it done at?
$2400 is probably as low as you’re gonna get for a reputable shop in So Cal. I was doing the same research last year when I got my car wrapped. I ended up going with a guy who does wrap as a side job and paid $1800. He was referred by someone on another forum.

$2400 is probably as low as you’re gonna get for a reputable shop in So Cal. I was doing the same research last year when I got my car wrapped. I ended up going with a guy who does wrap as a side job and paid $1800. He was referred by someone on another forum.

Did he do a good job? If you can get a full wrap or PPF done for that price it’s a steal.

Did he do a good job? If you can get a full wrap or PPF done for that price it’s a steal.
He did a pretty decent job. There’s an area on the rear bumper that started forming some wrinkles. It’s not really noticeable since it’s down near the diffuser. For the price, I’m not complaining. And he did offer to re-wrap the area for me free of charge but I decided it’s not worth the hassle.

Not bad

I saw 316 Auto Salon has a few bad reviews with pics of the wrap jobs done on some cars... sort of off putting

Wrap Bully's is $200 more but they assured me they only do the finest quality wrap and all they have is good reviews + are very responsive

Might just go with them. They have more Tesla's shown with custom wraps. I plan on keeping my car for a while so obviously want the best wrap job

I did not have a wrap done on my Tesla, but I did have a full-car Xpel PPF installed at Sticker City in Sherman Oaks. While there, I saw some pretty amazing wraps done on high-end luxury sports cars. You may want to call them for a quote.

Reactions: Mr X
I did not have a wrap done on my Tesla, but I did have a full-car Xpel PPF installed at Sticker City in Sherman Oaks. While there, I saw some pretty amazing wraps done on high-end luxury sports cars. You may want to call them for a quote.

So they charge $4500 for just a full exterior wrap on a Model 3 :eek:

$4500 vs. $2600 from Wrap Bully's

And $1290 for chrome delete... I paid $150 from Nikola Pro and did it myself and it looks OEM

Thanks for the recommendation but that is overpriced

When you are on a hunt for the cheapest, you'll find the cheapest. This a personal risk/price evaluation. To say one place is "overpriced" or another is the "best priced" is subjective. Just because one place is our of your personal budget doesn't mean that they charge too much. It simply means that you don't have the same value for their work as they do. Is a Fillet Mignon dinner overpriced? Is a cheeseburger a great meal? They both come from a cow. JoeBruin77 stated that the shop he went to was familiar with high end vehicles and gave very good installations and is priced accordingly. Do you want to risk having a less than great outcome for a lower price? I would assume, if there were any problems with a higher priced shop, they would be eager to resolve that situation to keep the clients happy and to keep their reputation for producing great work. The cheapest guy will most likely be pushed to complete the job quickly do to the lower price. Rushed work is more likely to result in shortcuts and sub-par results.

Just my 2 cents.

When you are on a hunt for the cheapest, you'll find the cheapest. This a personal risk/price evaluation. To say one place is "overpriced" or another is the "best priced" is subjective. Just because one place is our of your personal budget doesn't mean that they charge too much. It simply means that you don't have the same value for their work as they do. Is a Fillet Mignon dinner overpriced? Is a cheeseburger a great meal? They both come from a cow. JoeBruin77 stated that the shop he went to was familiar with high end vehicles and gave very good installations and is priced accordingly. Do you want to risk having a less than great outcome for a lower price? I would assume, if there were any problems with a higher priced shop, they would be eager to resolve that situation to keep the clients happy and to keep their reputation for producing great work. The cheapest guy will most likely be pushed to complete the job quickly do to the lower price. Rushed work is more likely to result in shortcuts and sub-par results.

Just my 2 cents.

Why would I spend $4500 for a vinyl wrap when I can spend $2600 and have the same outcome?

The shop that quoted me $4500 does Ferrari's, Lambo's, Bugatti's (maybe they charge more because they wrapped a $1,000,000 dollar car? lol), Tesla's, etc.

The shop that quoted me $2600 does Lambo's, Ferrari's, Rolls, Mercedes, Tesla's, etc.

Wrap Bully's - Beverly Hills (more affluent area) - $2600 ($350 per door jamb optional, do not want) 4-5 days to complete, pick up on 5th day. 2 year warranty. Very responsive

Sticker City - Sherman Oaks - $4500 (No door jambs as far as I know for that price) 2 people responded to my inquiry but haven't replied back

Come on lol. Everyone in this thread is also saying that's too much for a vinyl wrap. I don't know what else they could possibly be doing for that extra cost

I would also take an In-n-out burger, fries and vanilla shake over a fillet mignon any day! Save money and a better meal to me

And it's not out of my budget, it just makes zero logical sense as to why I would spend nearly double the money for the same exact job

Smart money spending only

Wrap Bullys – Professional Vehicle Wrap Installers | Los Angeles

^^^ look at all of the vehicles they have done. I highly doubt all of those people paid for sub par rushed wraps in the $2600 range

• Disagree
Reactions: ucsdsig and Burrito
The most expensive part of Vinyl wrap is not the material. It is LABOR. All vinyl wrap can only last 3-5 years to show the best of the color. If you do this wrap in the southeast of Asia, it will only cost you 700$-1000$.

If any shop try to tell you that they are using some special vinyl, just hang up and find the next shop.

Three things to remember when quoting:
1. Price
2. Work Quality
3. Warranty

TBH, warranty is the last thing you should consider since vinyl will dye or chip with heat and rocks.