Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place to Autocross in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just don't know what you are describing then! Do you have a link to a video of what kind of sport you are referring to?

Sure I posted it earlier. See the video in post #6 (mine) just below where I said "I'm thinking of this:", for about the first minute's worth.

What you’re talking about is called Autosolo in the UK. Against the clock around a tight course made up of cones. It’s a lot of fun, but not ideally suited to a Tesla as it’s all about getting round obstacles quickly.

Do you have a link to anywhere in the UK doing this? I had a look for "autosolo" and "auto solo" and found nothing at the following URL: Find Clubs - Motorsport UK

Sure I posted it earlier. See the video in post #6 (mine) just below where I said "I'm thinking of this:", for about the first minute's worth
My apologies. I thought it was just about suspension upgrades so missed the sprint section.
Nearest thing here is a competitive sprint. There was lots of space there I see but most sprints and hill climbs in this country would not be so open. That kind of timed motorsport will require your own fireproof gear overalls boots gloves and helmet and racing license. I know it’s beyond what you are looking for but competitive motorsport in this country is very well managed and therefore has high standards of safety. However, there are certainly classes for non modified cars that wouldn’t need a roll cage for example. Most of the classes are modified cars of course but you compete with yourself and those in your class for best times.

Reactions: dspwhite