Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place to by a Tesla - Audi dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After looking for a while for a 2021 model3 I found one in a local Audi dealership. Actually there are several of them floating around various luxury car dealers (Lexus had a few). The dealer said they were flying off the lot. I am not quite sure about that since they had the sale price marked as $60k... then reduce to $46k. I am sure they got the car a little while ago with the ludicrous prices and then had to swallow a decent loss. All in all a very pleasant and smooth experience, maybe German car dealers are the best places to get a Tesla from. They didn't seem to know very much about the car or how they worked. They had a lonely Etron GT hanging out the back looking forlorn. It was an extraordinarily ugly army green sort of colour. Interesting that the previous model3 owner had traded it in for an Etron SUV (rather than model X or Y). I would be interested how they find the ownership experience, specifically the supercharging. If it wasn't for supercharging I am sure myself and many others would look at other brands but the charging is the key right now for Tesla.

tell me about it...the other day a lightly used 30k mile 2020 model 3 LR AWD white on white was marked down to $32,888 from $39,888...
I hit them up about 8pm when I saw the ad on the car site I saw it on and the guy said they just marked it down and if I wanted to drive there tomorrow to see it?
It was in Long Beach and a bit of a drive for me, but was gonna get out there to see it anyway cuz it was a smoking deal...
Unfortunately I got a text at 10am saying it had sold 🥲

Someone got a smoking deal

Reactions: DocHolliday
It seems dealers with used Teslas may be throwing in the towel.

One 2020 model 3 performance red/white with 45k miles and an entire car ppf was listed for sale for $52k at my local phx Volvo dealer last month around Dec 9.

I test drove it but decided on an private party 19 LR awd with 18" wheels for the better road trip efficiency and pothole protection. And to save some money vs a performance.

I got a email price drop update yesterday and saw the Volvo dealer had a $13k price price. Their 20 M3P is listed for $39k now.

Wow. Though on the slightly scummy part, in fine print, the Volvo dealer said the $39k ad price wasn't including $2,300 of mandatory (useless) accessories or a $500 doc fee.

So the true price even with price drop is $41.8k. And it seems the Volvo dealer is swearing off used Tesla trade ins.

For giggles, I asked the Volvo dealer for a trade in quote if I traded my 19 M3 LR awd for their M3P.

They gave me a $23.8k trade in value. Ouch. I guess I'm driving the wheels off my M3 LR awd.

Most dealerships will only keep used vehicles for 90 days before taking them to auction. Unfortunately, lately a high percentage of auction vehicles are not sell, as they don’t hit the reserved price. Values are correcting quickly, which will trickle to the marketplace.

Most current owners of any vehicle think theirs is worth a lot more than current market value. Tesla for sale by owner on FB keep the faith up that someone will pay as much or more than new for a 1 year old used vehicle. They think this is 2022 where used cars values keep increasing, and wait times for new ones are 6-12 months. Those days of free money, FOMO, low interest rates and long wait times are long gone. That bubble bursted, just like the implosion in real estate.

Reactions: vickh
It seems dealers with used Teslas may be throwing in the towel.

One 2020 model 3 performance red/white with 45k miles and an entire car ppf was listed for sale for $52k at my local phx Volvo dealer last month around Dec 9.

was it Arrowhead Volvo? Test drove an '18 X today and the faclon wing doors wouldn't open/sensor issue. I might take the plunge if they drop it enough for me to buy an after market warranty. They don't sell those at this dealer (surprised). Another negative is we prefer 6 seats. Comparing it to new Y price

Any recommendations?