Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place to find the rubber nut caps for the inner tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The inner tail lights are mounted on the hatch with nuts. Those are covered by plastic caps. However, these caps keep disappearing on my car. Not sure where they go... Perhaps there is some sort of "nut cap fairy" that takes them, but I have never found any money in my trunk. ;)

Do you guys just leave the hardware exposed? I would hate to do this... Looks too industrial for my taste. And I don't want to go to Tesla Service whenever I lose one.

Is there a place where I can buy a bag of these and just put them on whenever I lose one? Preferably, they would have the OEM look.

Thanks!

4DF0E040-1337-43F9-A369-E1CE4339A2A6.jpeg
F9C89F30-0F88-44FC-800A-4C745954156B.jpeg

View attachment 420636 Mine fell off immediately too. After raking my hand across the exposed end of one of the tail lamp studs where the cap used to be while drying the car after washing it, I replaced them with some cap nuts and nylon washers from Ace Hardware.
I can't tell from the picture - are the original nuts hidden inside the nylon ring, or is this a washer and cap that completely replaces the original nuts? It seems it's the latter, but I want to make sure I understand. Thanks much!