Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best place to sell 3 to upgrade to 3PD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking I should be able to get more with a private party sale...even with the tax benefits of a trade-in. I guess we'll see when my P finally gets built.

I heard Tesla offers were really low, so that's why that seemed high. I guess the main problem is if that offer is going to be good until the car is built?

I would guess private party car would be worth 49-54k at end of year?

There's no holding time as far as I am aware for the tax credit. The main verbiage is around intention of ownership. Which was the case until the P rolled around..

I had wondered about this but I can't find a place to authenticate that - when I inquired to a tax preparer he didn't say there was a limit - only "intention" to buy the car for personal use...

Seems loop-hole-ish to me but...

Dont you submit your VIN with the tax credit? So the VIN can only be submitted once if this is the case. But whats to stop you from buying multiple EV's and claiming each VIN?

I heard Tesla offers were really low, so that's why that seemed high. I guess the main problem is if that offer is going to be good until the car is built?

I would guess private party car would be worth 49-54k at end of year?

There's no holding time as far as I am aware for the tax credit. The main verbiage is around intention of ownership. Which was the case until the P rolled around..

I agree. I'm Hoping to sell it for $50k in the next month or so.