Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best places to get car clear wrapped + tinted in Sacramento, CA? Also what is a good price range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering who the best are for clear wrapping and window tinting...I'm interested in a cash pay incentive if that would help me get a better deal AND I have two Teslas I can bring in plus another vehicle for window tinting only.

Your suggestions and price ranges are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance -jazz

A585CD09-A5B6-4730-85D6-6BD0196E419D.jpeg
Detail maniacs.

Very good price, provided a loaner car and stand by their product.

+1 for Appearance Solutions. They’ve wrapped 5 cars for me over the years and all have held up really well. They also do tint, powdercoating, and chrome delete. Pricing varies from time to time so best to call them to find out current specials.

Reactions: Jazz_MIII
I took my midrange M3 to Genesis Window Tinting in Roseville and they were amazing. They did the rear window in one piece. The were straight forward, honest and they did an amazing job. Not a single flaw. They charged me $600 for the entire car in Pinicle, minus the front windshield (Telsa told me if I tint the windshield they would void my warranty. They also stated the install historically caused the computer to fry and need replacing. They won't cover that 10k or more repair)

They asked to hold the car for the majority of the day but had it done in a little over 6 hours.

Genesis Window Tinting 378 N Sunrise Ave #100, Roseville, CA 95661 (916) 315-2136 https://maps.app.goo.gl/4Rfb4R58o3qbS9nh8

I took my midrange M3 to Genesis Window Tinting in Roseville and they were amazing. They did the rear window in one piece. The were straight forward, honest and they did an amazing job. Not a single flaw. They charged me $600 for the entire car in Pinicle, minus the front windshield (Telsa told me if I tint the windshield they would void my warranty. They also stated the install historically caused the computer to fry and need replacing. They won't cover that 10k or more repair)

They asked to hold the car for the majority of the day but had it done in a little over 6 hours.

Genesis Window Tinting 378 N Sunrise Ave #100, Roseville, CA 95661 (916) 315-2136 https://maps.app.goo.gl/4Rfb4R58o3qbS9nh8
can you explain what they meant by that? Quite a lot of people tinted the front windshield and they don't seem to have any problem

I had 3m crystalline 40% put on everything but the windshield (70% on that) at Premium Glass & Tint in Rancho Cordova. They did an amazing job. They put down towels and rope towels while tinting the windshield to prevent the computer from getting wet. Highly recommend them!

can you explain what they meant by that? Quite a lot of people tinted the front windshield and they don't seem to have any problem

I was told by the Rocklin service center here in California that they have had owners come in with fried computers from the moisture used when installing the windshield tint. This is one instance where they will not cover damages. I was also told this was a major issue when Tesla first launched and has become more increasingly rare as business are learning from the mistakes. They also told me the tint has caused rare issues with the cameras. They basically stated that if there is an issue with the autopilot and/or the calibration of the cameras, they will blame it on the window tint and not cover any associated cost. I have shitty luck and didnt run the risk. Hope that answers your question.

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz_MIII