Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best plate so far!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted at the Park Royal Mall yesterday.....

image.jpeg

Reactions: Ormond
In Ontario the best plate is not personalized - it is green and the value of that is north of $60/month (as that is the cost of an HOT permit and green plates are WAY better than an HOT permit that only helps you on the QEW).

In Ontario the best plate is not personalized - it is green and the value of that is north of $60/month (as that is the cost of an HOT permit and green plates are WAY better than an HOT permit that only helps you on the QEW).
Yes in Ontario, they don't offer Green Vanity plates. Some EV owners opt to get a blue vanity plate and hope any police will recognize that a Tesla is a green car. It is a chance that they take.

I have gone past 100 instances of looking in my rear view mirror to see the driver behind me taking a photo of my car/plate. In B.C. now they are risking a $500 fine for having the cell phone in their hand and yet they still need to take the photo. (3 1/2 years of ownership).

In Toronto, green plates are allowed to go in the HOV lane. What if I have a vanity (blue) plate on my MS, am I still allowed to use the HOV?
Technically no you can't as it is the green plate that allows you to use the lane, not the EV, although you have to have an EV to get a green plate. So if you get pulled over you might be able to talk your way out of it, at least if the cop knows about Teslas.

Reactions: Cmer