Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best podcast option to sync with iPhone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We listen to a lot of podcasts when driving and almost never the radio. We also listen while walking or just around the house, so it is important that we can sync them. Currently, we use the Apple Podcast app which fits our needs. Our MYLR is hopefully arriving next month and since we can’t use CarPlay, I’m curious how others sync their podcasts between their car and iPhone? Bluetooth media using the phone’s app? Switch to Spotify? What’s the best experience? My wife doesn’t generally tolerate poor interfaces or tech implementations so I’m looking for the most seamless, easiest solution.

Thanks!

We listen to a lot of podcasts when driving and almost never the radio. We also listen while walking or just around the house, so it is important that we can sync them. Currently, we use the Apple Podcast app which fits our needs. Our MYLR is hopefully arriving next month and since we can’t use CarPlay, I’m curious how others sync their podcasts between their car and iPhone? Bluetooth media using the phone’s app? Switch to Spotify? What’s the best experience? My wife doesn’t generally tolerate poor interfaces or tech implementations so I’m looking for the most seamless, easiest solution.

Thanks!
I have CarPlay & android auto in my tesla 😁 via two methodologies. However, initially you can just do the below. You & wife won’t like Tesla’s built in options. if you switch between media apps, it forgets your Paused location and starts from beginning. Well that’s how it was in late 2021 and I never went back. I use my iPhone’s podcast app and pair tesla to my phone. I make my phone the priority device. You can add multiple Bluetooth phones.

for CarPlay behind steering wheel, I have the hansshow 9” linux console in my car. Listening to podcasts is what drove me to wanting CarPlay & I wanted a map with 3D objects 🤣. i work in 3D animation so that’s my excuse. These days I use Tesla-Android open source project (raspberry pi based) which puts CarPlay in the large tesla infotainment screen, nice and large but this solution is not ready for non technical people. almost there though. Anyhow feel free to direct message me using this system as the topic of CarPlay in a tesla is more polarizing than USA politics 🤣 & we have enough threads where ppl voice their distaste for CarPlay / android auto vs Tesla’s apps vs just using Bluetooth and mounting your phone near steering wheel.