Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best position for Zappi charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would go for the 5 pin 32 amp tail instead of the 3 pin tail as the cost the same and you can use it if you plan to travel to areas off the beaten track where 3 phase 32 amp outlets are fairly common, I have never seen a single phase 32 amp outlet on Plugshare
I've always been a bit iffy about installing a 3 phase socket with only one phase connected.

If I ever go out into 3 phase socket country, I plan to get a 5 pin plug / 3 pin socket 32A extension lead made up, because those sockets aren't always conveniently located near the parking anyway and it'll function as both an extension and adapter.

I've always been a bit iffy about installing a 3 phase socket with only one phase connected
There is no safety related reason as to why you can't do it, I am an electrician and I contacted the electrical safety authority here in QLD and they said that it is legal to do it

I don't believe that there is anything in the wiring rules that prohibit it, but I am happy to be corrected if anyone can quote the relevant section