Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best power frunk kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mulkogi

#teamblue
May 11, 2021
WA
For those of you with power frunk kits installed, which one do you recommend? Decided to buy one this week during Black Friday.
I keep reading very mixed reviews of the Hansshow V5 but i guess half of the kits currently on sale are from them.
Also is there a V6 coming? TIA

What’s the difference from the hansshow one?
Sorry I’m not familiar w the Hansshow. My interactions with EV has been pretty good. They get back to you pretty quickly (used to be Whatssap but I think it’s a different app now).

Either way the efrunk is one of my favorite feature as I use it almost every day to keep things I don't want to keep in the trunk.

Have the EVOffer also for about 1 1/2 yrs and no problems. Installed on my daughters Y also. I believe EVOffers was joint developed with an German company. I think I remember seeing a video on that. Seems to be a couple of threads going with issues with the Hansshow ones. They seem to be putting out a lot of stuff while not fully testing them.

Mine from EV Offer sits perfectly. I think it all comes down to marking the original position of the latch and when putting it back making sure its in the exact same position.
They said it was related to the newly installed strut mounts. They were updating the version to minimize this but I never inquired for the new version as install is a PITA and I don’t notice it any longer.

So after comparing both it looks like they are equally reliable. I ended up getting the Hansshow one since it had good black friday price. EVoffer charges way too much for shipping and no sale. I’ll update later with the outcome. All in after taxes came out to be $381. Thank you all for the suggestions!

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs
ok so i got the kit and just installed it. Works fine but i can see the hood latch area kinda bending in a little after closing and pops out again. I wonder if its ok or not
I installed the Hansshow power frunk yesterday. As I had expected, the instructions were very unclear, and in my case, wrong. They tell you to mount the new upper strut mounts so the mounts face to the center of the hood. My system wasn't able to close properly due to the frunk liner conflicting with the new struts in the lowered position. I reversed the upper mounts (putting the R on L and L on R and having the mounts face to the outside of the hood). All works fine now. I spent about as much time resolving the conflict as I did installing the system. But it seems to work well now. I expect that there may be some differences between my 2022 M3 LR and previous versions that the instructions didn't account for.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I installed the Hansshow power frunk yesterday. As I had expected, the instructions were very unclear, and in my case, wrong. They tell you to mount the new upper strut mounts so the mounts face to the center of the hood. My system wasn't able to close properly due to the frunk liner conflicting with the new struts in the lowered position. I reversed the upper mounts (putting the R on L and L on R and having the mounts face to the outside of the hood). All works fine now. I spent about as much time resolving the conflict as I did installing the system. But it seems to work well now. I expect that there may be some differences between my 2022 M3 LR and previous versions that the instructions didn't account for.
Same. The instructions they send and the video on the website are very confusing. Just ended up figuring it out myself. Everything is working fine for now.

Same. The instructions they send and the video on the website are very confusing. Just ended up figuring it out myself. Everything is working fine for now.
This may not be the best place to mention this, but I wonder if there have been any issues related to the Hansshow power frunk drawing power when the frunk is closed. I installed my unit yesterday and took a 100 mile trip this morning, and found that my power consumption was higher than normal. It was primarily freeway miles at 60-70mph, and my SOC dropped from 80% to 39%, with consumption of 317 wh/mi vs a normal average consumption of 260-270. I know there are a lot of variables, but found it interesting that this occurred immediately after installing the kit.

This may not be the best place to mention this, but I wonder if there have been any issues related to the Hansshow power frunk drawing power when the frunk is closed. I installed my unit yesterday and took a 100 mile trip this morning, and found that my power consumption was higher than normal. It was primarily freeway miles at 60-70mph, and my SOC dropped from 80% to 39%, with consumption of 317 wh/mi vs a normal average consumption of 260-270. I know there are a lot of variables, but found it interesting that this occurred immediately after installing the kit.
If it draws that much power your 12v battery would be dead at this point. Those numbers look pretty normal specially if you are around Seattle this time of year with freezing temps. You could try driving eith the module disconnected to be sure

If it draws that much power your 12v battery would be dead at this point. Those numbers look pretty normal specially if you are around Seattle this time of year with freezing temps. You could try driving eith the module disconnected to be sure
Yeah, I'll monitor consumption for a week or so. Tuesday wasn't particularly cold (30's). BTW, if I disconnect the module, will the lid still unlatch when I try to re-open it?

Jumping into this thread as I installed an EVOffer power frunk about 7 months ago or so. Its worked...ok, although when it shuts it also seems to go slightly past where it should and then release the bonnet back up after a second, doesn't sound all that great.
However today with the sudden drop in temperatures to -7 has developed a new problem. The bonnet won't pop. I can hear the release mechanism making all the right sounds but its just sitting there and I don't think its frozen because I have tried to lift it by hand and it won't budge.

Not the end of the world....except now I'm concerned that in a few hours as it warms up the bonnet is going to pop open and leave everything inside on display to any passersby.....