Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Practices During Power Outages

Puma2020

Member
Jun 16, 2020
380
372
New Hampshire, USA
My favorite practice is curl up with my sweetie (shared body heat), have some fun and then fall asleep. Usually when I wake up, the power is back on, so we know that works... 80% of the time. For the remaining 20%, get in your Tesla, put it in Dog mode or Camp mode and that will give you more time. Besides the Cat Quest game and Beach Buggy are FUN to play and can entertain me for a couple of hours. I think Backgammon cheats.
At least there is no CO (carbon monoxide, not Colorado) danger.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BGbreeder

gpez

Member
Apr 25, 2019
652
530
USA
First email I’ve received directly from Tesla in a long time and it only included a link to the subject guide:

https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/powerwall/own/best-practices-during-power-outages

Guess they’re getting lots of calls from Texas.

Thanks for sharing. This should be a printed sheet given to all new Powerwall owners :)

For me, with a medium sized PV system up pretty far north but only 1 Powerwall, conservation is key. If there is an outage with no clear restoration time (for example weather related) I'll shut down everything that's not essential. Luckily we have mostly LED lighting so all of that is low wattage. I also have the inverter harness for my EV to help power things like the garage freezer or tankless gas hot water heater if the Powerwall needs a hand.
 

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


SUPPORT TMC
Top